X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3300psi Washer Questions

I just finished assembly of a new 3300psi Ridgid pressure washer, and have a few questions.

1) What octane fuel does the engine use? No mention made in the manual...just use unleaded.

2) There is supposed to be some label on the pump that is to be removed. The only labels I see are on the pump body itself, not on the cap, which is what it looks like I am supposed to remove.

3) Can the pump be used without the detergent injector line hooked up?

4) Any reason there are two oil fill/dipsticks on the engine? Can either be used for measuring oil level? They look like they are at the same height.

As an aside, it was disheartening to see the four screws needed to afix the front plate were missing. I have other screws that work, but quality control should have caught that.

- Phil

Re: Ridgid 3300psi Washer Questions

Originally posted by Phil3 View Post
    I just finished assembly of a new 3300psi Ridgid pressure washer, and have a few questions.

1) What octane fuel does the engine use? No mention made in the manual...just use unleaded.

2) There is supposed to be some label on the pump that is to be removed. The only labels I see are on the pump body itself, not on the cap, which is what it looks like I am supposed to remove.

3) Can the pump be used without the detergent injector line hooked up?

4) Any reason there are two oil fill/dipsticks on the engine? Can either be used for measuring oil level? They look like they are at the same height.

As an aside, it was disheartening to see the four screws needed to afix the front plate were missing. I have other screws that work, but quality control should have caught that.

- Phil
    Being anxious to use, and seeing someone else here recommended 89 octane fuel, I used that grade to fill up the engine. I don't know what happened to the pump cap label, but after some investigation, appears oil level should be at red dot. It is at that level when not running. Both oil dipsticks appear at same level, so looks like I can use either one. I did not see any requirement that the detergent line be used, so did not. Hope that is OK.

- Phil

Comment

This will take you directly to where you can download the Engine manual as a .PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file. I suggest downloading and printing it out. There's lots of good info in it.
      http://subarupower.com/media/manuals...8551584055.pdf

Look for the picture of it and just above you'll see a picture of an "open book" which is the manual for the pressure washer, a sheet of paper with lines on it which is the parts list, and 3 other pictures which for now you may as well not bother with.
      http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RD80763-...r/EN/index.htm
      Last edited by Woussko; 09-01-2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Phil,

PM me your contact info or call customer service 866-539-1710 and we'll get you those screws. No worries to use without detergent line.

Comment

Working...
        X