no water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no water

I own a 3000 psi 2.6 gpm presure washer I was using it and my garden hose broke so I replaced it with another which probably had some dirt in the hose anyways i hooked it up started the washer and got no water out of the wand.Can it get clogged internaly and if so how do you unclog it? Or is it something else?

Re: no water

Originally posted by rdheagy View Post
    I own a 3000 psi 2.6 gpm presure washer I was using it and my garden hose broke so I replaced it with another which probably had some dirt in the hose anyways i hooked it up started the washer and got no water out of the wand.Can it get clogged internaly and if so how do you unclog it? Or is it something else?
    help

Comment

Remove the garden hose from the power washer and let the water run to ensure the garden hose is clean and water flows freely.

Look at where you attach the garden hose at the power washer and determine if there is a washer/filter screen at the inlet. It could be full of debris. Clean it if necessary.

If it's clean remove the pressure washer power hose to allow water to flow. DO NOT POWER UP THE POWER WASHER AT THIS TIME.

Attach the garden hose and turn on the water. I have a HUSKY electric pressure washer and with power off, pressure hose off and garden hose connected and water on I have a stream of water flowing from the pressure side ...of course it is not strong but none the less flowing and lets me know all obvious debris is not within the water flow lines.

If you have the same experience then per the operating manual, reset the pressure washer, fire it up and good luck.

If indeed you still have no pressurized water flow then you may have a more serious challenge and need to use the troubleshooting guide in the manual, or call Ridgid service and speak with a technician.

Cactus Man

Comment

Yeah I agree with the above info. ALWAYS make sure there is a screen on the inlet side of the pump and always make sure it's clean each time the machine is used.

I took the filter screen issue a step further because I run my machine on well water. I removed the stock filter and bought a nice aftermarket filter that has much more surface area and much smaller holes in the screen. This effectively filters out any harmful debris and allows higher flow as well.

And always flush your water hose before connecting it to the pump.... Don't assume it's clean because it was stored that way. Dirt and insects pop up all the time in places like that. Later!

Comment

Working...
        X