Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-1/2 inch 24v angle grinder

24 volt 4-1/2 inch angle grinder!!!
    Do you think we might be able to get one in the near future. Since they have come out with cutting discs, I can think of a lot more uses than just sharpening my lawnmower blades and with the 24volt battery it will be a hot item. Just my opinion.

Re: 4-1/2 inch 24v angle grinder

Originally posted by diverdon View Post
    24 volt 4-1/2 inch angle grinder!!!
    Do you think we might be able to get one in the near future. Since they have come out with cutting discs, I can think of a lot more uses than just sharpening my lawnmower blades and with the 24volt battery it will be a hot item. Just my opinion.
    DeWalt makes one in 18volt and such a tool has been suggested here. I agree that it would be a big seller, no more cords! Chances are if Ridgid did decide to make it they would go with the 18volt platform of MaxSelect so you would have your 24volt as well. I've been using the Ryobi 18volt Lithium batteries for a few months and they are impressive. Ryobi makes a grinder and I was thinking of [icking one up only around $39.00 if I remember correctly. Still I hope Ridgid gets busy making tools. I'm still waiting for a 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench , anything over 240ft lbs would be very welcomed. No more cords.

Comment

The DeWalt 18volt makes a fair cut off tool and a poor grinder, IMO, yes it is nice if your out away from power, and the job is minimal and light.

Unlike the cordless drill or many other battery Operated tools, that nearly replace corded tools or are preferred over cored tools even when power is available, that is not the case with the Dewalt cut off tool, I have only reached for the battery grinder, once in the shop, and that was because it had the attachment I wanted on it, and did not want to change to a corded tool for 15 seconds of use, any other time I will reach for any one of the other three grinders first, over the battery one,

IF RIDGID does choose to offer one, make it a good one not a toy, that pretends to do the job, or does it half way.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Given that just about every one else makes a cordless grinder in every voltage from 18 to 36v I would say they are a very popular item. I think it would be a good idea for them to make one.

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        The DeWalt 18volt makes a fair cut off tool and a poor grinder, IMO, yes it is nice if your out away from power, and the job is minimal and light.
        Dewalt would probably agree with that. Notice how they specifically call it a cut-off tool and it's not listed under grinders anywhere on their site. I have the Makita 18v and it suffers the same problem. It still is remarkably handy for light cutting and I use it all the time but the corded grinder is the one that comes out for any signigicant work and grinding.

Comment

Working...
        X