Noticed some Power Tool Price Increases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed some Power Tool Price Increases

I was browsing the Fishkill Home Depot yesterday and noticed the RIDGID jointer increased from $399 to $429 and the thickness planer from $369 to $399. I expect tools to get more expensive because of commodities, but am a bit surprised about the jointer because others on the forum have said it is discontinued w/ a quoted email from RIDGID customer support.

Re: Noticed some Power Tool Price Increases

Prices from other mfgs. have also been rising over the last couple of quarters so it's no real surprise that RIDGID prices are also going up. As far as the jointer is concerned, color me skeptical but, wouldn't you think that if it truly was discontinued that they would have run out of inventory long ago? I'm not sure how long that rumor has been floating around but it seem like its been out there most of this year.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

All prices have been going up in the power tools markets. Today it pays to shop around as you will now see a bigger spread amoung prices from one manufacture to another and from one distributor to another.
      Free power tool website with free woodworking plans

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Prices from other mfgs. have also been rising over the last couple of quarters so it's no real surprise that RIDGID prices are also going up. As far as the jointer is concerned, color me skeptical but, wouldn't you think that if it truly was discontinued that they would have run out of inventory long ago? I'm not sure how long that rumor has been floating around but it seem like its been out there most of this year.
        The inventory doesn't seem to move that quickly. I got one today, and the Fishkill HD has about half a dozen of them in the overheads; the one I got was made in 2007 so they are probably not flying off the shelves. They had a yellow tag which is often "clearance', but they had a special sign for it with the power tool deal, so that would leave me to believe they are still an active product.

Comment

I wonder if that jointer just isn't that popular, for whatever reason, in your neck of the woods. It consistently gets very good reviews from both owners and the mags so I doubt very much if they're just sitting on the shelves at most HD's.

BTW, here we are almost 7 months after I made that posting and the rumors about the discontinuing of the Ridgid jointer are still floating around. AFAIK, there still has been no confirmation or denial from Ridgid concerning whether or not the rumor is true or false.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
          X