X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3300 psi pw question

This must be a real stupid question as I have searched this forum inside out for some mention of soap "under high pressure" like at a "quarter car wash". Seems logical to me to wash with soap and then rinse, like the car wash. And I don't mean a useless soap application, like the soap blaster offers. I just bought the 3300 psi ridgid today because I thought it had this capability, but no. Am I missing something or am I really dumb? Be nice, LOL

Thanks fellas
    Greg
    Last edited by gregandcrystal; 09-06-2008, 09:32 PM.

Re: 3300 psi pw question

There are no stupid questions as we're all here to learn. What you're looking for is "upstream chemical injection", meaning the detergent is pulled into the stream of water before it enters the pump giving you soap at high pressure. Only downside to this is some chemicals can negatively affect the internal parts of most pumps.

Most pressure washers offer downstream injection (via a low pressure venturi effect) because it is "chemical friendly" as the chemicals never go through the pump, just the gun, hose, etc.

You can go to the Northern Tools website and they do sell a device that can be put onto most pressure washers that allows the use of upstream injection. If I can find the time to look it up I'll post more info on it. Later!

Comment

Thank you "shadow745" for the info, I wish I would have known that sooner. From lack of response I returned the unit for a refund. Other than you I am very unimpressed with this forum

thanks again for your time
      Greg

Comment

Maybe you'll find something out there that offers what you're looking for. Like I said before, most pressure washers offer low pressure detergent application and rely on the strength of the chemicals to do most of the work.

I'm not going to say I blame you. I know Ridgid makes some good stuff, but maybe the 3300 was a rush decision and wasn't well thought out. Seems to be alot of unsatisfied customers regarding this unit. Later!

Comment

Hi Greg,
          You probably won't find a pressure washer in the under $1000 price range with upstream chemical injection. At $1000 you are just touching the pro units. Most pressure washers under that are not designed to be used on a daily basis or for long hours of operation. The function you are looking for is more on the commerical/industrial side of pressure washing and not likely to be found on anything from a tool company or found in the aisles of a HD or Lowes type store. Most of those are made for cleaning houses and driveways and cars, however any good auto body shop will tell you never pressure wash your car. You can however,as shadow was suggesting, for $33 convert one perform like you wish. Here is a link to the items at Northern, also I would suggest looking at the pressure washers too if you have a local store. They offer a full line of pressure washers made in the USA and been in business for over 25 years. Also they should be able to give you suggestions as to which ones would work better with the upstream convertor and which chemicals would be safe for the pump.
          http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...atchallpartial

Comment

I have the 3300 psi unit and you can buy detergent recommended for pressure washers, I used detergent recently recommended for concrete. You can also find general cleaning detergent for your car, however I don't recommend you use the 3300psi unit for car washing except on the wheels . The detergent enters thru the hose provided with the pressure washer. After you are finished with the detergent you briefly flush the unit and clean down what you want with water only.
            As long as you use recommended cleaners for presssure washers there should be no problem with any damage to the pump.
            The manual will describe the procedure in more detail.

Comment

Working...
            X