Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Fails Customer

Originally posted by Vineck View Post
    .................................................. ..........
    I will be reviewing legal options. If Ridgid wants to test my tools, they can pay rent while in their possession.
    You go girl!
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      You go girl!

that is all you can expect from these people.

Comment

Yet another thread. It seems we get one of these every few months. Its funny that I have been buying tools for so long and I never had to whine and complain and cry like a baby because of a tool being defective or breaking. I guess I am just lucky.

Ridgid is awesome, I love their tools.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

when you take your car or truck for service, do you not take the entire truck or car in for service. they check it all, why not do the same with your tools?

as for the craftsman drill with the deective trigger, i had the same problem, took 3 calls, and finally a call to store manger and the lady got the problem sorted out fast, i took the defective drill in and they replaced it , got the drill, 2 batteries, charger and the case. they took the broken drill.
          less then a month later i replaced the 19.2 craftsman drill with a ridgid 18 volt compact drill. i have never looked back. replaced almost all the craftsman cordless tools with ridgid tools.
          i am now the proud owner of the 2 18 volts ridgid drills, impact driver, dual select power6 1/2inch saw, and the 14.4 volt drill and impact driver. next repalcement will be the cordless sawz all, no hurry i seldom use it.
          if something fails i will be happy to send it bak and get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
            Yet another thread. It seems we get one of these every few months. Its funny that I have been buying tools for so long and I never had to whine and complain and cry like a baby because of a tool being defective or breaking. I guess I am just lucky.

Ridgid is awesome, I love their tools.

This person is simply not lucid, and cannot understand what the thread is about

Comment

Originally posted by stuart_canada View Post
              when you take your car or truck for service, do you not take the entire truck or car in for service. they check it all, why not do the same with your tools?

as for the craftsman drill with the deective trigger, i had the same problem, took 3 calls, and finally a call to store manger and the lady got the problem sorted out fast, i took the defective drill in and they replaced it , got the drill, 2 batteries, charger and the case. they took the broken drill.
              less then a month later i replaced the 19.2 craftsman drill with a ridgid 18 volt compact drill. i have never looked back. replaced almost all the craftsman cordless tools with ridgid tools.
              i am now the proud owner of the 2 18 volts ridgid drills, impact driver, dual select power6 1/2inch saw, and the 14.4 volt drill and impact driver. next repalcement will be the cordless sawz all, no hurry i seldom use it.
              if something fails i will be happy to send it bak and get it fixed.

Cars do not come in combo kits (obvious to most people).

Don't you understand that when you purchase a product it belongs to you rather than the manufacturer?

I paid for a operating charger, but I received a defective charger. I never agreed to return the entire combo kit in order to obtain warranty services, yet Ridgid demanded that I do.
              Last edited by Vineck; 09-15-2008, 06:54 AM.

Comment

It appears that the Ridgid company believes everybody should play by the rules except Ridgid Company. Ridgid Inc. has rules governing their warranty policy; NY state has rules governing businesses such as Ridgid Inc. Even the federal government has rules governing the business practices of Ridgid.

Ridgid insist that we're going to play by the rules, therefore we're going to play by all the rules, rather than only those beneficial to Ridgid Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vineck View Post
                  It appears that the Ridgid company believes everybody should play by the rules except Ridgid Company. Ridgid Inc. has rules governing their warranty policy; NY state has rules governing businesses such as Ridgid Inc. Even the federal government has rules governing the business practices of Ridgid.

Ridgid insist that we're going to play by the rules, therefore we're going to play by all the rules, rather than only those beneficial to Ridgid Inc.
                  Ridgid already failed to provide a solution, and the combo was delivered to their authorized service company.

The service company informed me that I am required to give them the entire combo kit, even though only the charger is defective.

I wrote to Ridgid about this issue, and Ridgid confirmed it is true. Ridgid company arbitrarily changed the terms of the warrant contract, and perhaps there is a cause for a class-action suit.

I will be reviewing legal options. If Ridgid wants to test my tools, they can pay rent while in their possession.
                  Wow dude!!! I strongly suggest that you find a lawyer and he will be happy to listen to your psycho babble for only $100-$150 per hour. You obviously have no desire to be reasonable or get to the solution of getting your tool fixed so we can't help you.
                  You and a lawyer deserve each other. Good luck with the lawsuit. Keep us posted. We like a good laugh from time to time.
                  Last edited by roadrashray; 09-15-2008, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Vineck,

It would seem that your aggrevation has overwhelmed your ability to be reasonable. Your anger is hardly going to get your problem solved and after reading all your posts, it would appear that your objective is more to aggrevate the situation.

Two weeks turnaround is reasonable for a repair and as previously explained by another member, it is common practice in many industries and with many retailers to expect the entire purchase be returned or sent in. If you only sent in the charger and it was repaired and then it blew again, you'd be screaming that Ridgid failed to look at the whole problem!

Obviously I don't know of your particular business or the dependance that you place on your tools to make a living. But, you obviously need a back-up. Heck, even as a homeowner I have more than one drill, saw, charger, etc., etc. etc. Furthermore, Home Depot offers a warranty plan that would immediately replace any defective tool that was purchased from them. Apparently you didn't understand that, or someone failed to impress you with it's importance. While I certainly don't need, it would appear that it would be good insurance for you.

Bottom line here, I think, is that you're pissin into the wind. If you get this aggrevated over two week service, how do you make it through your week with all the other challenges that occur? Life's too short to be this angry over something so simple. Send the tools to service and get them repaired or buy another charger as suggested. If you don't want to buy or ever see another Ridgid tool, that's great too. You've made your point and we understand that you are unhappy; but you also have to understand that we don't have to agree with you either. So do yourself a favor and let your anger go!

Be happy,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                      Vineck,

It would seem that your aggrevation has overwhelmed your ability to be reasonable. Your anger is hardly going to get your problem solved and after reading all your posts, it would appear that your objective is more to aggrevate the situation.

Two weeks turnaround is reasonable for a repair and as previously explained by another member, it is common practice in many industries and with many retailers to expect the entire purchase be returned or sent in. If you only sent in the charger and it was repaired and then it blew again, you'd be screaming that Ridgid failed to look at the whole problem!

Obviously I don't know of your particular business or the dependance that you place on your tools to make a living. But, you obviously need a back-up. Heck, even as a homeowner I have more than one drill, saw, charger, etc., etc. etc. Furthermore, Home Depot offers a warranty plan that would immediately replace any defective tool that was purchased from them. Apparently you didn't understand that, or someone failed to impress you with it's importance. While I certainly don't need, it would appear that it would be good insurance for you.

Bottom line here, I think, is that you're pissin into the wind. If you get this aggrevated over two week service, how do you make it through your week with all the other challenges that occur? Life's too short to be this angry over something so simple. Send the tools to service and get them repaired or buy another charger as suggested. If you don't want to buy or ever see another Ridgid tool, that's great too. You've made your point and we understand that you are unhappy; but you also have to understand that we don't have to agree with you either. So do yourself a favor and let your anger go!

Be happy,

CWS
                      Doggone it CWS, if you don't quit being so logical people are gonna start thinkin you're no fun. Nicely put but I doubt if the OP will get it.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

This reminds me of the following story. A patient calls his/her doctor on the phone.
                        Patient = blue ... Doctor = red

Doctor, My foot really aches. Can't you call my local pharmacy and prescribe a strong narcotic pain killer for me?

I could but I really need for you to come in and let me find out what's wrong with your foot. If there are broken bones, medications will not solve the problem. Also, can't you understand that with such medication there's just no way you can safely drive to work. You're mind will be fogged over.

Nothing doing. I have to be at work and work all day to "Makka De Money" and pay the bills. Now call the *** pharmacy and get me some pain meds. Just do it. I don't give a rat's *** about my brain. I'll drink the pain away and then go to work if I have to, but I've got to get into work fast.

There is just no way I'm doing that. If you are injured and your foot really pains you, then you really must have it checked, X-rayed or CT scanned and then and only then can a course of treatment be prescribed. If you really are in serious pain, get yourself to the nearest Emergency Room. I can't fix your foot over the phone. I just can't do that.

You *&^%$# doctor, just give me the d**n meds so I can get to work and Makka De Money.

I'll let all of you finish this. You can see what the real problem is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        When it comes to tools used in a trade everyone needs to have backup tools. In addition how did the person that started this thread determine that the charger and only the charger is defective? Did he obtain service data and take electrical measurements of the charger under load? Could he even perform such tests? I bet not.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Does this person even have a proper bill of sale? If yes, then it is not reasonable to have to send all of the tool kit in for checking and repair? As others have said it might not be only the charger that's the real problem.
                        Last edited by Woussko; 09-16-2008, 11:59 AM. Reason: Typos and such

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                          Wow dude!!! I strongly suggest that you find a lawyer and he will be happy to listen to your psycho babble for only $100-$150 per hour. You obviously have no desire to be reasonable or get to the solution of getting your tool fixed so we can't help you.
                          You and a lawyer deserve each other. Good luck with the lawsuit. Keep us posted. We like a good laugh from time to time.

When did I ever ask you people for help, you people are barely literate

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                            Vineck,

Be happy,

CWS
                            News Flash.....Rational people utilize the laws of the land to enforce their rights. You people have created (probably because it is the way you are) a distorted view of my post.

Take a week to reflect on the issue; I'm a consumer, I purchased a product, the product is defective, the manufacturer failed to live up to its reputation of professionalism and impose upon the rights NY provides.

Comment

FYI...I am simply giving Ridgid Inc. the press Ridgid Inc. has earned, on this forum as well as others.

Some clowns have suggested that I should have a backup tools in case the great tools made by Ridgid turn out to be junk, insisting a professional would do the same. If Ridgid was professional, Ridgid would have a satisfactory backup plan, of course the clowns never make this connection.

Comment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                When it comes to tools used in a trade everyone needs to have backup tools. In addition how did the person that started this thread determine that the charger and only the charger is defective? Did he obtain service data and take electrical measurements of the charger under load? Could he even perform such tests? I bet not.

One difference between us is that I have at least the basic ability to know when a charger is defective, and the prudence not to make foolish statements as the one above

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Does this person even have a proper bill of sale? If yes, then it is not unreasonable to have to send all of the tool kit in for checking and repair. As others have said it might not be only the charger that's the real problem.[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                                X