Ridgid Fails Customer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Fails Customer

FYI - Craftsman do not defend shoddy workmanship and poor customer service; crapmasters on the other hand do because they themselves perform shoddy work and have poor customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Vineck View Post

One difference between us is that I have at least the basic ability to know when a charger is defective, and the prudence not to make foolish statements as the one above
      But you don't understand how a warranty works ?

Comment

Ridgid already failed to provide a solution, and the combo was delivered to their authorized service company.

The service company informed me that I am required to give them the entire combo kit, even though only the charger is defective.

I wrote to Ridgid about this issue, and Ridgid confirmed it is true. Ridgid company arbitrarily changed the terms of the warrant contract, and perhaps there is a cause for a class-action suit.

I will be reviewing legal options. If Ridgid wants to test my tools, they can pay rent while in their possession.
        I did not take the time to read back through all of the back and forth but I am curious how you know the problem is limited to the charger? I have had nothing but trouble with my Milwaukee 18volt stuff and ended up paying almost $250 to get new batteries and charger for my barely used combo.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Knary50 View Post

When did I say I don't understand how a warranty works? You people certainly do not like to stick to the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I did not take the time to read back through all of the back and forth but I am curious how you know the problem is limited to the charger? I have had nothing but trouble with my Milwaukee 18volt stuff and ended up paying almost $250 to get new batteries and charger for my barely used combo.

Mark
            Troubleshooting electrical equipment is one of my expertise. (Incidently, the service commpany determined the charger is defective and replaced it)

Comment

I see Milwaukee offers a 5-year warranty. I've used Milwaukee corded power tools for over 25 years; they make a durable tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Knary50 View Post

Knary50,

The problem is - is that he does. His argument is that the product is defective versus his being told that it has suffered a failure. Under warranty laws/rules/statues, if a product is defective it will normally be replaced and upon a failure - repaired. If you'll read through the threads he argues defect and at another point suggests that Ridgid authorize Home Depot to provide him with a replacement from Home Depot stock rather than the normal repair/fix-it process being offered. By his own admission, the unit performed for 50 hours over an 8 month period, then failed to perform. All that is currently being asked is that he allow Ridgid to perform, under warranty, by affecting a repair to his combo kit. He finds the repair process and estimate of time to be unacceptable to his liking and has suggested an alternative more to his liking that has been rejected after short discussion. One truism - you can't get the tools back until you take them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
                  Knary50,

The problem is - is that he does. His argument is that the product is defective versus his being told that it has suffered a failure. Under warranty laws/rules/statues, if a product is defective it will normally be replaced and upon a failure - repaired. If you'll read through the threads he argues defect and at another point suggests that Ridgid authorize Home Depot to provide him with a replacement from Home Depot stock rather than the normal repair/fix-it process being offered. By his own admission, the unit performed for 50 hours over an 8 month period, then failed to perform. All that is currently being asked is that he allow Ridgid to perform, under warranty, by affecting a repair to his combo kit. He finds the repair process and estimate of time to be unacceptable to his liking and has suggested an alternative more to his liking that has been rejected after short discussion. One truism - you can't get the tools back until you take them in.
                  No He still doesn't get it, First off The warranty is with One World Technologies not Ridgid so any lawsuit he claims to be going after he is already looking at the wrong company. Also the warranty specifically states they is it theirs, not his, choice to repair or replace the item. 2 weeks maybe unacceptable to him, but sometimes repair shops can be backed up, and he had a choice of finding a different repair shop.
                  Also requesting all the tools from the kit is not unreasonable as there are stories on here from 6 months or older where the problem was found to be in the tool not the battery or the charger or vice versa. Now if there is a local or state law you are reffering to I appologize.

http://http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/P...y/EN/index.htm

This product is manufactured by One World Technologies, Inc., under a trademark license from RIDGID, Inc. All warranty communications should be directed to One World Technologies, Inc., attn: RIDGID handheld and stationary power tool technical service at (toll free) 1-866-539-1710.

The authorized service center will repair any faulty workmanship, and either repair or replace any defective part, at our option at no charge to you.

Comment

Knarly50,

I concur completly with your understanding of the Ridgid warranty. And, no, I was not referring to any local rule or statue that empowers tool owners power over manufacturers. About the only choice that I get in the process would be the selection of the service center. I have nothing but good things to say about the one that I've used - not only for my Ridgid tools, but for the other stuff that I have too.

Comment

Warranties cover manufacturer defects, in this case a defective charger. I went to the Ridgid website, wrote to CS, explained the situation and wanted a replacement. We're talking about possibly $5.00 worth of product, if that.

Ridgid could have very easily authorized a replacement via Home Depot, but rather they became hard nose about following the warranty rules.

Contrary to your opinions, I am not required to give any of my tools to any body, unless specifically provided for in the terms of the warranty.

If Ridgid wants to get hard nose and by the book, so can I.

Comment

"No He still doesn't get it, First off The warranty is with One World Technologies not Ridgid so any lawsuit he claims to be going after he is already looking at the wrong company."

FYI..States determine liability under their own jurisdictions, in this case NYUCC. The federal goverment also regulates interstate commerce, and so there are options, and chosing the most rewarding is at the option of the plaintiff..

Does Ridgid benefit from the sale of tools bearing the Ridgid name?

Comment

Comment

I don't condone the beating above, wrong mammal

Comment

I purchased the Ridgid 3 piece combo (drill, rec. saw, flashlight 18v) about 8 months ago to replace a 19 year old B&D Cyclone 14.4v

The B&D still works strong, but a failing contact causes it to intermittenly not run; the charger still works.

Right in the middle of my project, the Ridgid battery charger failed because it is defective. I contacted a Ridgid service company in Buffalo, NY and they tell me about (2) weeks for repair, and further demand that I give them the entire combo set.

I wrote to CS and told them I need the tools now rather than (2) weeks from now. Ridgid replied they are not equipped to provide that type of customer service. They further replied that the charger is not defective, it simply experienced a failure.

Perhaps Ridgid technicians are unaware that defective electronic components fail under load.

Whatever the case may be, Ridgid turns out to be another company that buys low quality products from china, and stamps their name on it, and the defective products inconvenience the buyer rather than Ridgid. Ridgid has my money now, they don't care if their products fail to perform as claimed

I see, so what's a good business practice for Ridgid company?

Ridgid tool company has my money, and I have inoperable products that have less than 50 hours usage. The problem is clearly a manufacturer defect, yet Ridgid Inc. prefers that I be inconvenienced rather than taking care of the junk they sold.

Ridgid Inc. failed to produce an operable product that they sold; Ridgid Inc. failed to incorporate a method of taking care of defective products in a timely manner; Ridgid Inc. agent lied to me saying its not defective, it only experienced a failure; Ridgid Inc. failed to replace a defective product they sold me in a timely manner.

Ridgid Inc. simply doesn't care once they have your money in their pockets

Ridgid Inc. could have very easily authorized Home Depot to issue a replacement unit off the shelf, and take the old one into their possession. Obviously this is too much of an inconvenience for Ridgid Inc. Ridgid's solution is that I transport the entire combo kit to one of their authorized service companies for testing. Obviously Ridgid's position is that I should be inconvenienced by the junk they sold.

Are you suggesting to us that if you don't know about it, then it must not exist?

Ridgid already failed to provide a solution, and the combo was delivered to their authorized service company.

The service company informed me that I am required to give them the entire combo kit, even though only the charger is defective.

I wrote to Ridgid about this issue, and Ridgid confirmed it is true. Ridgid company arbitrarily changed the terms of the warrant contract, and perhaps there is a cause for a class-action suit.

I will be reviewing legal options. If Ridgid wants to test my tools, they can pay rent while in their possession.

that is all you can expect from these people.

This person is simply not lucid, and cannot understand what the thread is about

Cars do not come in combo kits (obvious to most people).

Don't you understand that when you purchase a product it belongs to you rather than the manufacturer?

I paid for a operating charger, but I received a defective charger. I never agreed to return the entire combo kit in order to obtain warranty services, yet Ridgid demanded that I do.

It appears that the Ridgid company believes everybody should play by the rules except Ridgid Company. Ridgid Inc. has rules governing their warranty policy; NY state has rules governing businesses such as Ridgid Inc. Even the federal government has rules governing the business practices of Ridgid.

Ridgid insist that we're going to play by the rules, therefore we're going to play by all the rules, rather than only those beneficial to Ridgid Inc.

When did I ever ask you people for help, you people are barely literate

News Flash.....Rational people utilize the laws of the land to enforce their rights. You people have created (probably because it is the way you are) a distorted view of my post.

Take a week to reflect on the issue; I'm a consumer, I purchased a product, the product is defective, the manufacturer failed to live up to its reputation of professionalism and impose upon the rights NY provides.

FYI...I am simply giving Ridgid Inc. the press Ridgid Inc. has earned, on this forum as well as others.

Some clowns have suggested that I should have a backup tools in case the great tools made by Ridgid turn out to be junk, insisting a professional would do the same. If Ridgid was professional, Ridgid would have a satisfactory backup plan, of course the clowns never make this connection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              When it comes to tools used in a trade everyone needs to have backup tools. In addition how did the person that started this thread determine that the charger and only the charger is defective? Did he obtain service data and take electrical measurements of the charger under load? Could he even perform such tests? I bet not.

One difference between us is that I have at least the basic ability to know when a charger is defective, and the prudence not to make foolish statements as the one above

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Does this person even have a proper bill of sale? If yes, then it is not unreasonable to have to send all of the tool kit in for checking and repair. As others have said it might not be only the charger that's the real problem.

[/quote]

FYI - Craftsman do not defend shoddy workmanship and poor customer service; crapmasters on the other hand do because they themselves perform shoddy work and have poor customer service.

When did I say I don't understand how a warranty works? You people certainly do not like to stick to the issue.

Troubleshooting electrical equipment is one of my expertise. (Incidently, the service commpany determined the charger is defective and replaced it)

I see Milwaukee offers a 5-year warranty. I've used Milwaukee corded power tools for over 25 years; they make a durable tool.

"No He still doesn't get it, First off The warranty is with One World Technologies not Ridgid so any lawsuit he claims to be going after he is already looking at the wrong company."

FYI..States determine liability under their own jurisdictions, in this case NYUCC. The federal goverment also regulates interstate commerce, and so there are options, and chosing the most rewarding is at the option of the plaintiff..

Does Ridgid benefit from the sale of tools bearing the Ridgid name?

This is more than obvious what this problem is really all about.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I can't figure out what the major problem is. Seems like a big Crybaby. The type of customer I am glad to RUN from. Nothing but whining and complaining.
                                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                                X