X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty service or lack thereof

Can you imagine dropping off 2 14.4V batteries at one of Ridgid's authorised service centers in Edmonton in Dec 2007 and not yet having either battery returned 10 months later? A multitue of lies later (i.e. waiting for Ridgid authorisation, checking fuse takes time, sent to Ridgd in Toronto, lost in shipping and being traced, I will call you back (never), etc. So here I am with one drill, zero batteries, and no response from the repair center.

After a great deal of thought and since I haev nothing to hide, here is the name of that "authorised reapir center" - Can Tech Repair Center. They seem to be the only one handling Ridgid warranty service in Edmonton. The other service center listed on Ridgid's website says they no longer deal with Ridgidproducts. Has anyone else had dealings with Can Tec that were not handled properly?

Re: Warranty service or lack thereof

Thats nuts. I just had switch on my 18V replace and a new battery in 2 days. Ridgid in Toronto is also a lie, there are only authorized service centres just like in Edm. although the one I went to was very professional

Comment

Kinda off topic but I once brought my dewalt 18v back to home depot with the batteries for repair. A week or so later they call say its ready go to pick it up and no batteries. Well after bitching for an hour the manager say's he will go check the video surveillance. Another hour later he comes with two new batteries and said he couldn't find the tape, bullshit

Comment

One time, on the way to band camp, I ran over a rabbit with my Jeep.

Comment

Ont time, on my dirt bike a bird flew right into my chest.

Comment

The issue seems to be with one particular 'authorised" repair center here in Edmonton.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Ridgid CS about this ?
              I would think they might be able to help you out some.

Comment

Originally posted by rombo View Post
                Kinda off topic but I once brought my dewalt 18v back to home depot with the batteries for repair. A week or so later they call say its ready go to pick it up and no batteries. Well after bitching for an hour the manager say's he will go check the video surveillance. Another hour later he comes with two new batteries and said he couldn't find the tape, bullshit
                I dropped off my combo kit yesterday to Ridgid authorized service company. Interestingly they wanted to take it without giving me a receipt identifying the pieces they received. Your post prompted me to demand a written receipt for each piece that they received.

Comment

Trust me you are not the only one. I took all of my toold in because something needed to be repaired an all of it (in my opinion they are not meant for new home construction) but that is another story. It took almost 3 months to be repaired and when I went to pick them up I was missing 2 batteries and one battery was not finished (just needed to have screws put back in) Ron Fraser the owner said that tha batteries would be in on the next shipment that was 15 months ago and I am still trying to get my batteries. It is a good thing milwaukee is durable or I would have had to go out and but new tools. I am past the point of pi#@ed off and don't know what else to do. What good are my tools if I have nothing to run them? If you have heard anything or have a suggestion please let me know. Good luck to you

Comment

Gentlemen, I stongly suggest calling up Ridgid customer service, and explaining the whole thing to them, including dates, locations, names, etc. Keep it simple though, and to the point - there's only limited stuff that the front-line CS reps can do for you. But you can then request for them to pass along the issue to your local/regional Ridgid/TTI rep, and request for them to promptly contact you on this issue. Trust me, once the rep starts looking into things for you with a particular service center, that he/she may have a good face-to-face rapport with (versus a CS agent calling from Ridgid), things will go much more smoothly. Yes, it sucks that you may have to do this, but it's the only way to get some service centers in line, like it or not. I had to go this route a bit ago, and the rep that I dealt with was excellent to deal with (here in southwestern Ontario), and it was a problem solved with this one particular service center, not a Ridgid issue. It had a happy ending.

Comment

Working...
                    X