just set up dp1550 drill press

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just set up dp1550 drill press

The instruction book does not tell you how to adjust the speed nor does it tell you the recomended speeds for you bit size and material thickness?? can anyone help with this?? thanks, Tony.

Re: just set up dp1550 drill press

Welcome to the forum
    The manual says ...
    TO CHANGE SPEEDS
    The spindle speed is determined by the location of the belts on the pulleys inside the head assembly. The speed chart located on the inside of the belt guard shows the recommended speed and pulley configuration for each drilling operation:

is the chart missing?

Here is a drill press speed chart
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wbrooks; 09-12-2008, 06:21 AM.

Comment

yeah the chart is missing??? do you have one and was there a sticker in the box you had to put on??
      Thanks for the link though it helps. Tony.

Comment

Sorry, I don't have that drill press, my general came with it attached. Try calling customer service, they should be able to send you a sticker or new lid

Comment

Please go here http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Literature-Search and in the search box type in drill press. Next click the Search tab. The top of the three .pdf files should be the manual for your drill press. Please download it and then print out page 25 and see the chart at the top of the page.

The file is too big for me to be able to upload it to the forum. I tried but the forum server automatically blocks it.

This is the name of the file you want. DP1550_Drill_Press_Man.pdf

Update:
          After clicking the above link, just copy & paste the file name into the search. It should return the file you need. With it being a good size .pdf file, I recommend downloading it to your hard drive and then opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Page 25 shows the belt positions for different speeds.
          Last edited by Woussko; 09-13-2008, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Good find, I downloaded the newer one and the chart is not in there

Comment

I recently re-drew my 1550 chart so I could print and hang it on the wall so these old eyes can see it better. I can easily print a PDF file of it and send it to you if you wish. Send me an E-mail and I'll send it to you, if you'd like. (cwmsmith@aol.com)

CWS

Comment

If anyone wants the .JPG file for this which is setup to print landscape on 11W x 8.5H paper, just PM me an e-mail address to send it to and it's your's for the asking.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Woussko; 09-14-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X