Warranty Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Question

So I was wondering what happens when Ridgid discontinues the batteries or tools on my kit and I have to take them in for service and there are no longer parts available for them ? Will I be upgraded to the new tools ? Also will this upgrade be on all my tools and batteries ?
    I am talking about years down the road, like 10 or 15.

Re: Warranty Question

This is just a guess, but at least for batteries they can be rebuilt even if they are discontinued by opening them up and replacing the individual cells.

Comment

Yeah I know the capability exists, but I was just wondering what would happen.

Comment

Knary50, if you find someone who can tell you what will happen in 15-20 years from now let me know who they are will ya. I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask them about the upcoming World Series and Super Bowl.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Knary50, if you find someone who can tell you what will happen in 15-20 years from now let me know who they are will ya. I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask them about the upcoming World Series and Super Bowl.
          If I find out I will let you know
          But Ridgid has to have come up with a plan or will have to at some point. Either making at the Bats and tools backwards compatabile or face handing out new kits when a battery fails. And I know you can rebuild them, but It could be likely in 10-15 years NiCads could be restricted.

Comment

Haven't nicads existed for at least 20 years though, I remember rechargeable NiCad C cells when I was a kid. I would be more worried about Lithium, since it seems to have multiple chemistries; no aftermarket rebuilders; fancy electronic charging circuits; and hasn't stood the test of time as much.

Comment

The first NiCads where produced in the fourties and I doubt they are going anywhere soon, but I would think in the next 10-20 years they will be gone and possibly SLA too. Of course Li-ion could be found to be harmful by then too, so who knows. I would think that we are in the age of seeing huge leaps in battery design and improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Dave.
                No the packers will not be in the Super Bowl but the Bears will be.

Jim
                http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

I have owned several ridgid plumbing tools and they have been excellent. I purchased the ridgid ts3660 on 5-27-08. I took it home assembled it, went on line and registered it, and I sent in the "LIFETIME" warranty card with my sales receipt and the UPC off the box. I'm still waiting for Ridgid to give me some conformation on this LIFETIME warranty! Has anyone out ther ever utilize this LIFETIME warranty? How long do I have to wait before I get a warranty conformation?
                  Chrysler has LIFETIME warranties too!(if they're still in business)

Comment

my sole experience with ridgid repairs has been a 14.4v impact driver. brought it to repair center and in less than 10 days it was repaired and returned to me via UPS, all at no charge. never showed the repair center a receipt or warranty card. regarding LLSA registration, if you sent the warranty card in around june, don't plan on seeing it in your ebox with a lifetime warranty for at least 6 mos. from mailing date. you should also receive a white warranty card that evidences tool regisration in about 6 mos. any future tool purchases, properly registered online in your ebox, will be covered by the same warranty card.
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the warranty conformation. I hope I never need to use it.

Comment

I have been waiting 7 weeks for a power tool registration for LSA. From comments on this forum I was not particularly concerned about it, but decided to see what Ridgid had to say, so I sent them an email yesterday about it and asked how long I should expect to wait. I received the following earlier today:

"There is an 8-10 week processing time for the limited lifetime service agreement mail in submissions. LSA processing times may vary due to increased submission volumes received. Once your required mail in items are received and processed, notification by E-mail will be sent to you, and a confirmation code will be mailed out.

If it has been longer than 10 weeks since you mailed in your submission for the limited lifetime service agreement, you will need to contact the LSA processing group in Ridgid customer service at 1-866-539-1710, to have them check their files for the status of your submission
                        ."

Comment

Originally posted by Calder View Post
                          I have been waiting 7 weeks for a power tool registration for LSA. From comments on this forum I was not particularly concerned about it, but decided to see what Ridgid had to say, so I sent them an email yesterday about it and asked how long I should expect to wait. I received the following earlier today:

"There is an 8-10 week processing time for the limited lifetime service agreement mail in submissions. LSA processing times may vary due to increased submission volumes received. Once your required mail in items are received and processed, notification by E-mail will be sent to you, and a confirmation code will be mailed out.

If it has been longer than 10 weeks since you mailed in your submission for the limited lifetime service agreement, you will need to contact the LSA processing group in Ridgid customer service at 1-866-539-1710, to have them check their files for the status of your submission."
                          Took about 5-6 months for everything to be updated and get my card in the mail. I kinda forgot about it and them it all showed up within a week.

Comment

Working...
                          X