X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Pressure Washer 3000 -- Need Info

I have just bought a Ridgid pressure washer (3000 psi). I have three questions:

1. After I have assembled it, I find a part that I don't know what it is and where it is supposed to go. It is a 2" long 1/2" diameter black plastic cylinder. There is one tiny hole in one end; the other end has no hole. The whole cylinder is like a screen for filtering thing. It was packaged in one of the small plastic bag along with other parts. If I remember correctly, it comes in the same plastic bag for the nozzles. I have read the owner manual and the parts diagram; but I cannot find any info about this part. Can someone please tell me what it is for?

2. All the nozzles can be placed on a rubber nozzles-holder. It is supposed to be hung on our waist belt. Based on the look of the rubber nozzles-holder, seems like it is designed to be mounted on the pressure washer somewhere. But I cannot find any place to mount it on the pressure washer. Any idea?

3. There is one oil cap in the right hand side of the bottom of the engine, that is for adding engine oil and check oil level. There is another similar looking cap in the left hand side of the bottom of the engine. What is it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Re: New Ridgid Pressure Washer 3000 -- Need Info

the black thing you refer to is the filter for the bottled soap dispenser.it goes on the end of the clear plastic tube.you can then insert the tube into
    a 1 gal. jug of detergent.read the manual to make sure you fully understand the functions of the pressure washer.do not ever start the engine without water supply connected to the pump!!always connect the pressure hose and gun/wand less nozzle and turn on water supply to purge
    all air from lines,you will need to pull the trigger to do this.turn off water install nozzle.you are now ready to start the engine.the rubber nozzle holder can be stored on top the spray gun.i think it shows this on the box.
    hope this helps

Comment

The nozzle holder can clip onto your belt. I find it handy to attach it to the gun without using the clip. The rubber holder fits on the top of the gun just before where you screw on the extension wand.

These small engines are used for many different applications, so the manufacturer puts oil fill tubes on both sides of the engines so one engine will fit multiple pieces of equipment. Use the one thats easiest to access.

Comment

Thanks for the useful info. Now, I know where everything is.

I used the new pressure washer to clean a driveway and a wood deck yeaterday. It worked fine, and the engine started from the first pull. It is quite powerful, I can print my initial on a piece of wood using the 0-degree nozzle. It is not powerful enough to remove stain from the wood deck though even with the 15-degree nozzle. Yes, it will eventually remove the stain; but this will take a while. I think I will use chemical to remove the stain instead of using a pressure washer, and then use the pressure washer to remove the stain that the chemical has already loosen up.

I am glad that I bought a gas-powered unit instead of an electric pressure washer. Not only the gas powered unit is much more powerful and works faster, but also I only need to deal with two water hoses. If I had bought an electric pressure washer, I would have to deal with two water hoses and one electric cord -- that would be a real tangled mess.

Other posts about the soap dial leaking liquid are true. Does Ridgid come up with a better soap-dial to replace the current one yet? Whenever I move the pressure washer to wash a different area, I have to back-track and wash the area where the pressure washer used to stand in order to remove the leaked liquid from the ground. Now I get around with this problem by not using the pressure washer to apply soap. Instead, I use a separated container that comes with a hose-end adapter to apply soap. This works; but I would much rather Ridgid fixes the leaking soap-dial.

Jay Chan

Comment

Yeah chemical application is the way to go, as water alone won't always get the job done. Chemicals allow the area to be cleaned faster and better in pretty much every case. Most people say to use pressure washer specific cleaners, but I have developed my own cleaner and it works well and doesn't negatively affect the machine in any way. I mix 1 pint of Simple Green with 1 pint of bleach and then mix this with 3 qts. of water. This is a great all around cleaner and will not harm plants or surfaces. The only thing I don't use this mix on is a vehicle. Later!

Comment

I do not use the soap dispenser and disconnected all the tubing connected to it. I use tubing running directly from the soap inlet to a bottle of soap mixture... no leaking, no need to fiddle with the stupid dial, and no need to empty the tank after use.

If the soap isn't dispensing, you need to unclog the inlet. Remove the tubing from the inlet nipple. With pressure washer off but water on, stick a small object (I used the blunt end of a small drill bit) into the nipple and push in firmly several times while running water through the wand. This frees up the ball bearing inside that allows soap to be sucked up when a low pressure (soap) tip is used. To prevent clogs be sure to run some water through your tubing when you are finished using soap/bleach.

Comment

Working...
            X