New 12V screw gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 12V screw gun

I do not usually by my tools from Home Depot as I have better connections on the net BUT! I needed a small lightweight screw gun for an overhead custom lid. I bought the Ridgid 12V lithium ion compact kit. Awsome!
    Works great. 1 week later the same store had the unit in a bonus pak with 2 drill motors for the same price. I would like to also buy this setup BUT I want to know what the quality differance is between the single unit BD0823 as compared to the dual unit C80829 I know for a fact this quite often makes a lot of differance in the durability of the tool.I am in business and do not have time for to much disposability? Thanks Rugged

Re: New 12V screw gun

Originally posted by loofatt View Post
    I do not usually by my tools from Home Depot as I have better connections on the net
    You're statement would indicate you have access to something all the rest of us don't. Would you mind sharing?
    Thanks, Ray

Comment

I'm not sure I understand Ray! I purchase a lot of my tools from Tool Crib or Price Cutter and have had the opportunity to compare some of my tools with a fellow builder's supposed same tool purchased from the depot for more money. there were obvious differances in the quality between the tools. They looked alike, had different model #'s his died in a few short months and mine are still working fine

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
        You're statement would indicate you have access to something all the rest of us don't. Would you mind sharing?
        Thanks, Ray
        I am pretty sure he is implying that he has accounts with some tool vendors who can offer better pricing than HD. In my current position I purchase tools for the government and I am able to buy them from different vendors or direct from the manufacturer for much less than posted internet pricing.

But sometimes it helps to look around and order from them.
        Like for example Dewalt DC6PAKIA
        Toolup.com 523.99
        Home Depot 629.00
        Toolbarn.com 629.00
        Tools Plus 549.00
        Amazon 527.98

To the OP I don't believe there is a difference in the drill from the ones I saw, Seems Ridgid sometime changes the model numbers when things are put in a kit/combo. I rember them doing this on some Drywall/Deck screw guns around the holidays at a 2 for 1 price. Besides as long as you register for the LLSA you are in good hands.

Comment

Right on the money Knary! You get it! and Thank You for your valuble insight

Comment

Originally posted by loofatt View Post
            I bought the Ridgid 12V lithium ion compact kit. Awsome!Works great. 1 week later the same store had the unit in a bonus pak with 2 drill motors for the same price. I would like to also buy this setup BUT I want to know what the quality differance is between the single unit BD0823 as compared to the dual unit C80829 I know for a fact this quite often makes a lot of differance in the durability of the tool.I am in business and do not have time for to much disposability? Thanks Rugged
            The new promotional-TWO 12V Ridgid drill @$129 seems like a great deal. I doubt Ridgid would make any quality differences on their product that has to compete with Makita,Milwaukee,Bosch etc. Ridgid does have LLSA to cover any durability issues that can happen to any power tool. The tools probably have a unique serial number that helps Ridgid monitor the promotions affect on sales and problems if they exist.

Comment

I believe that the quality of the products are the same whether you purchase in a one or a two pack. The serial number differences between single and multiple kits are probably so that they can recognize that it was a "two drill" combo kit vs the "one drill" kit. Difference being the original purchaser has to register all tools simultaneously under one name for the LSA as opposed to registering one and selling the other off as new on ebay. Then, the ebay purchaser also trys to register for the same LSA on the individual tool that he purchased at auction. Me thinks that is why the registration process has been elongated because of attempted registrations of single tools purchased outside of the combo kits. The LSA is a definite plus and is probably meant to be one LSA per combo kit, but due to the potential costs if every single tool has to be registered and potentially serviced, I believe that they've established a simple limiting process with the combo serial nuimbers as two individuals can't be the original purchaser of the same combo tool kit. The verbage in the warranty statement is specific to the "original" purchaser.

Comment

Working...
              X