X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3121 jig saw

So I'm finally fed up with my old jig saw. Am looking at getting a new one. Anyone have the R3121 jig saw and if so how do you like it? Would you buy it again if you knew than what you know now about it?

Jim
    http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Re: R3121 jig saw

If you can somehow find the older German made RIDGID Jigsaw which I think was the R3120 that would be worth looking at. If you want a good tried and proven model take a look at the Bosch 1390EVSK. It's not cheap but it is quite a worker and has a good proven track record. No matter what brand/model you do end up with be sure to try out the Bosch "Progressor" series blades in it.
    http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...x?pid=1590EVSK

Comment

I have the Bosch 1587, which is the previous model before the 1590 but is still availagle. It is awesome. I think Bosch makes the best jig saws.

Comment

Well the pocket book won this one. Went to walmart with the wife for some unknown reason she wanted food. Took a look at the black and decker they had not my first choice but at $29 verses $140 for the ridgid the black and decker won for now.

Its not a bad little saw and who knows with how little I use it it just might hold up. I know there plunge router I have is a tough little worker so we will see. But if it does blow up pretty quick the boss wont argue when I tell her I need to spend the extra money on a better saw.

mmm on a side note has anyone noticed that the spell checker on here doesnt know how to spell ridgid?

Jim
        http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

Yep!!.....On this forum, we like to talk up Milwaukee, Ridgid, Makita, Bosch for our professional work. We sometimes forget that some of the DIYer tools have been very good performers also.
          Ten years ago I purchased a 12V Black and Decker "three in one" kit which had interchangable drill, jigsaw, and sander heads. I wanted something to carry in my RV while traveling around. I still have that kit and although it is seldom used these days, it does not owe me any money. The jigsaw and sander were acceptable performers considering the limitations of a fairly small 12 volt battery. The drill was and remains a real champion. Over the years it has drilled alot of holes and run thousands of screws as it has been used to help various friends around the country with their DIY projects. It has survived abuse in driving rain, snow and two 12' drops onto concrete floors that I remember. I finally replaced the batts a few years ago as the old ones had been abused to death from overcharging and over discharging. The drill still sits in a compartment of the RV is always ready to go for the little jobs around it. I always chuckle a little to myself when I pull that battle scarred tool out and it performs flawlessly one more time.
          Anyway, Jim's post made me remember that we have all probably had superior performance from some of our DIY tools.

Comment

The spell check works fine if you capitalize the "R" in Ridgid like you're supposed too.

Woussko's recommendation of the Bosch Progressor Blades(T-234 for wood) is spot on. They are by far the best general purpose jigsaw blade I've ever used. They will definitely make that B&D perform better than it normally would. My first jigsaw was a $10 special I got at Menards and with Progressor blades in it, it actually turned the quality button up a click or two.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X