ridgid hammer drill

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid hammer drill

home depot has 2 on the web site, both 18 volt cordless
    one for 299 and one for 39...what one is better bang for the buck
    50 bucks is no big deal so which one should i get for the price of it?
    anyone have anything to say about one model over the other?

Re: ridgid hammer drill

Suggestion: Posting the model number of the specific drills or kits you are interested in might help us help you since the information may also be informative to other readers. Ridgid has made a couple different models with different torque ratings, chuck quality and battery combinations over the years
    ??? $39 ???

model R8411503

The popular RIDGID® X2 1/2 In. 18-volt Center Handle Hammer Drill combines cordless convenience with heavy-duty power and fast recharging. The versatility of this hammer drill makes it a great addition to your toolbox. 585 In. pounds of torque and 0-6400/0-25600 blows per minute give it the power you need to get through masonry and concrete. The position clutch can handle any screwdriving task.
      • Cordless convenience
      • 2 Max 2.5 Ah batteries for 34% more runtime than the competition
      • 30 minute charging time is the fastest in the industry
      • High powered for masonry and concrete
      • Heavy-duty, 1/2 In. single-sleeve chuck provides superior gripping power
      • Handless even the toughest tasks
      model R841151

The RIDGID® 18V x 2 Cordless 1/2 In. Hammer Drill features a 30-minute, fan-cooled, dual port charger that charges 2 batteries. The self-ejecting battery pack allows you to replace the battery quickly. The battery overmold prevents scratches to surfaces while the overmold handle and rear cap give you improved grip and comfort. The die cast overmold clutch cap enables quick adjustments and the single sleeve chuck makes bit tightening easy.
      • High speed gearbox with Hammer function for masonry and concrete work
      • Rapid Max Twin Charger charges two Max HC batteries in 30 minutes at the same time
      • Max HC high capacity battery for maximum run time
      • Locking carbide chuck holds bits securely
      • that is what they list on the HD canada site.
      anyone have any of these and which would yopu recommend?
      i have enough 18 volt batteries and chargers so the charger and battery is not an issue.
      power to drill is the most important issue to me

The R8411503 hammerdrill is sold at HDs in a kit R86111 for $269US and have been on sale for $225US. It comes with bag, (2) 3.0 Ah Li batteries and Li/NiCad charger plus LSA. If you need a hammerdrill this seems to be a nice deal since the 3.0 Li batteries retail for $99 each without LSA. The drill was reviewed in tools-of-the-trade and performed well. Their particular sample had chuck issues that I have not experienced. My drill has performed quite well in concrete/cinder block and seems to be a heavy duty tool. The drill feels powerful and smooth and I have no chuck wobble or trigger switch issues. This particular kit with the 3.0 Ah Li batteries is rated at 610 in-lbs. The only potential negative is the weight of the tool at 7lbs with the NiCad batteries. I own the lightweight Makita hammerdrill but the Ridgid just feels more heavyduty. FYI: I prefer to have the lightweight Li batteries and there has been many recommendations from forum members to avoid using NiCad chargers for the Lithium batteries thus I would avoid the NiCad dual charger unless that is important to you. The 4 piece kit R964 also has the same hammerdrill. The R8411503 accepts all Ridgid 18V battery packs.

The model R841151 is no longer marketed in the US and is in the Ridgid archives as revision archive. One major difference is the pistol-shaped body and it should perform similarly if you are able to find this model.
        Last edited by reConx; 09-20-2008, 10:15 PM.