X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" sliding compound miter saw Ridgid

Anybody here own one and doesnt use it for rough construction? The two bad things I have heard about this saw is the locking mechanism when setting an angle isnt very smooth and I have alos heard of accuracy problems.
    Im aware of the high rated saws, I.E. Milwaukees new one, Bosch, Makita and the older dewalt 708 (newer one I guess sucks compared to).

My question is, is the ridgid anygood? The reconditioned ones are only 300 verse 500 new.If Im buying new mine as well buy a highly rated one like bosch.

Thanks

Re: 12" sliding compound miter saw Ridgid

I had two scms and now have zero. The first one the brake went bad and the blade continued to spin after it was shut off. I brought it back and was given a second one. It developed a blade wobble. Brought it back and got a refund. I am back to my old Black and Decker non-slider. After all these years it still works great.

There are threads here about alignment problems but both mine were good right out of the box.

-Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Woodywoodchuck View Post
      Anybody here own one and doesnt use it for rough construction? The two bad things I have heard about this saw is the locking mechanism when setting an angle isnt very smooth and I have alos heard of accuracy problems.
      Im aware of the high rated saws, I.E. Milwaukees new one, Bosch, Makita and the older dewalt 708 (newer one I guess sucks compared to).

My question is, is the ridgid anygood? The reconditioned ones are only 300 verse 500 new.If Im buying new mine as well buy a highly rated one like bosch.

Thanks
      I had a 10" bosch slider and it was really nice for the small projects I had but I decided to trade a friend who had a 12" DeWalt slider. I won't bad mouth the DeWalt but it is too big and overkill for my needs. Do you really need a 12 inch slider? If not please consider a 10".

Comment

Thanks, I decided on the new slider Milwaukee. Its ion the truck. Not hearing anything on here about the ridgid one for a few days and hearing it wasnt accurate made my mind up quicker.

Comment

Working...
        X