X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick router table

But it works. I got this Rockler router table top a while back for $20 its just been setting around the shop. The other day I was starting to repair a bunch of cabinet doors for the apartments & thought it sure would be nice to have 2 router tables one for rabbiting & one to trim the laminate on the door. So I quickly built this base so I could clamp it to a workmate it sure streamlined production. When I move to a bigger shop I'll build a base cabinet. For now portability & function are what I need.
    Attached Files

Re: Quick router table

I have a 6'3" rabbit named Harvey too.

Comment

That is far better than my method. When I need another router table I turn a router upside down and clamp it in a vise. I cut a notch in a piece of scrap a foot or so long and size the notch so it is a bit larger than the bit. I clamp the scrap to the router plate and go at it. I have cut a lot of stiles and rails this way. As long as the profile of the bit is small it works well. I generally use a climb cut to clean up the profile.

-Tom

Comment

Nicely done, VLL. Looks like that clamp-on table will last a good while.

Oh...and tell Harvey I said hi!
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
        X