Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question On Rigid's Two Belt Sanders.

Hi again.

I am now in the market for a hand-held belt sander, and have decided on one of the two models (R2720 & R2740) that Rigid has to offer. The one model is lighter, and would take up a little less real estate - but it would also translate into a 3" belt reduction, as well as a 3-1/2AMP power reduction from its big brother. It's also about $60 less, but that price difference isn't really an issue. It's just that I could put that $60 toward another tool; extra sandpaper belts, etc. - providing that the smaller unit might work nicely for me.

I am aware that the three extra inches, of the larger unit's belt, would allow for more wood removal with each pass, but I am not one to be in such a big hurry with my woodworking. However, how much more importance would the extra 3-1/2 AMPS of power - of the big boy - dictate?

Something about the smaller unit that I like is the twin-blower design - which (to me) would seem to be important, and is a feature that I did not read on the bigger unit's box.

I guess I would like to know how many of you are getting along (and satisfactorily so) with the little brother.
    ~Blessings~

Nathan

Re: Question On Rigid's Two Belt Sanders.

I think that I am going to go with the bigger unit. The smaller one would be fine, for the woodworking tasks that I am normally doing. But, we all grow within what we do, and move deeper into those areas - which is to say that it would be wise for me to consider future applications for this tool.
    ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Re: Question On Rigid's Two Belt Sanders.

Nathan,

Go with whichever will suit your needs. Both are good units. Only thing I'd add is that the smaller one has a separate motor to run the dust collection and a self-centering belt feature. I thought those were nice benefits.

Thanks for the support of RIDGID.

Comment

Working...
      X