X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ebox problems

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
    Hello
    I was finally able to get into my EBOX (I guess Dashboard now! Who came up with that one?) after resetting my password. Well, my band saw shows up along with a router combo, but no 18V lithium drill,charger and batteries. THE PROBLEM IS, I NEVER HAD A ROUTER! I dread having to call customer service monday to straighten this mess out.
    Why did they change the ebox? If it ain't broken, don't fix it!!!!!!
    Ron

Well, I called customer service (if that is what it can be called!). Absolutely, useless. I told them about the problem and all she could say was , Can't do anything, as it is under construction. She also said to wait about a week to see if it clears up and if it doesn't call back and maybe they can see what is wrong. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said they are gone and nobody else knows anymore than she does. She said no matters how many times I ask, the answere is going to be "under construction". She then hung up on me! Very poor attitude and customer relations. If Ridgid is going to compete in a competitive business, they really need to focus on customer service and relations.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post

Well, I called customer service (if that is what it can be called!). Absolutely, useless. I told them about the problem and all she could say was , Can't do anything, as it is under construction. She also said to wait about a week to see if it clears up and if it doesn't call back and maybe they can see what is wrong. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said they are gone and nobody else knows anymore than she does. She said no matters how many times I ask, the answere is going to be "under construction". She then hung up on me! Very poor attitude and customer relations. If Ridgid is going to compete in a competitive business, they really need to focus on customer service and relations.
      I'd say that the customer service agent gave you the up to date information. I just checked my Dashboard and it does appear to be in the process of being updated. The last time I looked, Saturday, there was no information at all listed in the warranty portion for my tools. Today, there is a note in that space informing me that the warranty information will be updated shortly. That to me sounds like they are still in the process of constructing the Dashboards.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

That may well be true, but being tactful in the way they communicate it to the customer should be a priority.

Comment

i really like my ridgid power tools. but this ebox change is just sub standard. i have tools listed i don't own and now i wonder if i have to check the ebox to see if it doesn't have tools i do own. very poor performance here, ridgid.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Very poor in follow up, still no email or return phone call from CS.

Comment

Andrew, PM me your contact info and I'll make sure someone follows up. Thanks.

Comment

My last email response from CS was if my tools did not show up in the dashboard by now i need to reregister all of them my concern is do i need to send all the items in again IE. receipts,upc codes(which not sure if i have all of them been a few years) any help is appreciated

Comment

Thats what I was told last through email and freaked out because I had about $2500 worth of tools that weren't showing up (Home Depot had a sale last Spring). I called in and was told that not everthing was done yet and to continue to give it sometime. She was really nice, told me to keep an eye on it and keep calling as well to make sure everything is okay. So it seems some CS people are, well, not very nice, but the few I have had to deal with have been great (sorry Andrew, I'm not trying to rub it in)

Comment

QUOTE=Ronald;180804]That may well be true, but being tactful in the way they communicate it to the customer should be a priority.[/QUOTE]

Let me update you on mine. They have corrected the problem! Not only were the folks nice but kept me updated with ongoing actions. Thank you!! Ronald

Comment

Nothing appears to be fixed yet. No way to get directly to the E-box like it used to be and going through the current link via the "dashboard" seems a bit cumbersome. Currently MY E-box is so jumbled up, it's hard to know what might be missing without going out and doing an inventory on all my Ridgid tools. Thanks!

Funny how something that worked fairly well is now so new and improved that's it doesn't work anymore; and this, "Warranty status will be available shortly." doesn't provide much confidence that the information is still available.

The last tool I purchased and registered back in April, still had not been LLSA updated as of a couple of weeks ago. Obviously I don't know where it stands now, but I hope it gets fixed along with everything else.

So, what's going on and are we going to see it fixed soon?

CWS
                      Last edited by CWSmith; 10-10-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                        Andrew, PM me your contact info and I'll make sure someone follows up. Thanks.
                        PM sent. thank you

Comment

i sure hope this ebox mess gets fixed soon. i have tools i don't own in my ebox, i have tools with model numbers and no product desription and parts of a 24V LI 4 pc combo kit are showing 3 years warranty while parts of the same kit show LSA. also, some of the product descriptions are incomplete. hey, Ridgid, what the he!! is going on here?
                          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                            i sure hope this ebox mess gets fixed soon. i have tools i don't own in my ebox, i have tools with model numbers and no product desription and parts of a 24V LI 4 pc combo kit are showing 3 years warranty while parts of the same kit show LSA. also, some of the product descriptions are incomplete. hey, Ridgid, what the he!! is going on here?
                            It was working just fine so they broke it.
                            ================================================== ====
                            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Well I now have all my tools listed again (with a few duplicates) but only some don't say LSA, they are liested as "three years (LSA eligible)" where as before they were cleared for the LSA. When should we expect this to be fixed. I assume seeing as I'm not the only one with this issue Ridgid is still working on this project, maybe someone can shed some light as to when these problems should be fixed. I called a service rep and she told me they can't change anything in the system until its done being changed over to the new system so calling doesn't help at the moment, do we know when it will?

Comment

Josh, ProBrand -

Just what the heck is going on with this???!?!? It's now been about 3 weeks, and I'm still having no luck. Using my original e-mail address and password to log on is no good - it's like there's nothing there! And I too was waiting on getting some stuff updated from the standard 3 year warranty to the LLSA.

This is crap. Why, oh why, would Ridgid not send out a mass e-mail to all registered owners, to notify them of the change a few weeks before it was to happen, to allow us to print off or save a screen shot of our eBox and listed items, so we have it for reference. Or even to give us a notice of the pending change just to be courteous and give us a heads up?! BAD FORM!

What is the timeline on this getting solved? I've also called CS when this first popped up, and I was told "fixed within the week". Well, now it's been nearly 3!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X