Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why the fast approach?

"...Not at Lowe's (or Ace I think)...."

My local ACE Hardware has Milwaukee power tools for sale. That may not be the norm, but he has them and a decent selection on hand too. Then again, the closest HD or Lowes is 16 miles away, so ALL the local HW stores and Lumber yards have a good selection of power tools from the major brands.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

While I believe nobody is a expert at everything, I feel integrity of the brand should have some bearing on the direction of a tools another delivers even if the product solely represents only the name brand.

I have seen the same argument before and to lay the blame directly on TTI to absolve Ridgid of any wrong doing is just shameful.

I love my Ridgid hand tools, the 300 and the K1500 but you can keep the power tools.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

granted it is a cast, and it is a very high quality of cast, unlike many of the imports which is very brittle.

and if it is "iron" instead of "steel" I stand corrected, thank you for the information,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          granted it is a cast, and it is a very high quality of cast, unlike many of the imports which is very brittle.

and if it is "iron" instead of "steel" I stand corrected, thank you for the information,
          Definitely high quality - you can't beat their plumbing tools, hands down.

And yes, you are now corrected. I figured I'd jump on this one, as I think I owe you a couple BHD, and no doubt you will get this one back quite easily!!! All in the name of knowledge and the sharing of it - it's all good! (Please don't hurt me, I'm a nice guy...really.)

Comment

Cast iron or steel, either way Ridgid pipe wrenches are good tools. Never used the “grey” wrenches so no comment there.
            Steve.

Comment

Working...
            X