X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Concrete Pavers with my TS3650???

Is it possible to cut pavers with my saw? I will be needing to do a lot of cuts (over 100). Thanks for the help

Re: Cut Concrete Pavers with my TS3650???

not if you value that saw.

cutting dry is very dusty and abrasive. that abrasive will get into all the bearings and grease points.

an inexpensive way is to buy a decent dry cut diamond blade for a skilsaw/ wormdrive and go for it.

i cut a lot of concrete with both a real concrete saw and a skilsaw with water. the water keeps the dust down and so far, years later, the saw is still running fine.

or you can rent the proper brick saw for a day.

a brand new skilsaw and good blade is under $200 and will last a lifetime.

a brick saw rental is probably $80 for the day and will last you a day

your table saw is $550. and will be ruined in a day

make the right choice.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. The dust was my major concern. I appreciate the help.

Comment

don't trash your ts. I wanted to cut concrete pavers 2.5" x 18" x 18" for a walk I was putting in my yard a few years ago. I bought a decent but cheap circular saw (Skill) for $29 and a diamond blade for about $45 and made my cuts dry wearing a dust mask of course. I figured the saw would be toast which is why I bought a disposable one, but after cleaning it held up OK and is a back now to the other three should they all go down on me.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Please don't ruin a good table saw with this project. It's just not the right tool.

You may want to check around on eBay or at local pawn shops using care not to get a junker for big $$$. Try looking for a SKIL, Bosch 1677 or Milwaukee worn drive circular saw in either 7-1/4 or 8 inch size. Then checking the arbor you'll want to pick up a diamond stone cutting blade for it. Serious tool dealers should have the blade.

Be sure to do this outdoors in your yard and do watch which way the wind is blowing. You're going to have loads of fine dark gray very abrasive dust. Remember to think about your SAFETY too. A good respirator for dust and a face shield are needed items. So is a pair of work gloves and a good long sleeve work shirt to protect your hands and arms.

You might check around and see if a masonry contractor is working in your area. Most have small engine powered saws for cutting flagstone and such. If might work out to your advantage to hire him to come and cut this for you.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Woussko; 10-09-2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Cutting pavers will also scratch the heck out of the top.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
              Cutting pavers will also scratch the heck out of the top.
              Great advice being given to use a Skil saw and diamond blade. Aside from the dust it's probably the best way. Home Depot does have a Work Force tile cutting saw (in the tile section) that is a small circular saw with a diamond blade that also has a water attachment that'll keep the dust down. I've got one and it works great as you can connet it to the water hose. Your pants legs might get a little wet, but you won't have dust in the nose after making your 100 cuts.

Comment

Working...
              X