Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Creative Chinaman's Workshop solution.

when I was in (I guess they call it middle school now) I made a table saw some what on the style you have there, but I did not have the nice fence my fence was a 2x4 and some C clamps, but like you say it works, a few years later I ordered from the back of a popular science or mechanics magazine a AMT table saw, the sleeve version was $9.95 and for the ball bearing version was $14.95, they were a small cast iron top saw with plans to build a plywood table around, and that worked well, (it is still in use/stored at my sisters in laws farm). it was a Ok saw for $15, then I had the opportunity to buy the schools old table saw from the industrial arts department, I still have that saw and it is a beauty, even if it is 60 years old, an old walker turner, (similar to a delta uni-saw).

having the router table is nice as well, (I have a sharper, never built a router table but have been temped a number of times, I made a extension on my table saw, (so I can handle a full 4 foot wide ply board and not have to reverse cut it), and have considered mounting a router in it, and it would be similar to your design you have but the saw is a the old walker turner saw.

Glad your enjoying your wood working skills,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
    X