X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 12v micros clutch problem ?

Just picked up the micros and love it, but the clutch seems erratic. At a given number, the resistance until it slips varies considerably. ex - I put it on 2 or 4 to put in some small screws - I grab the chuck to stop it and sometimes it's very easy, and sometimes very hard - the difference is quite large.

I am hoping it needs to break in a bit, then gets more consistent. If not, it will be difficult working with light duty driving.

Other that that, it's great for the money.

NEO1111

Re: ridgid 12v micros clutch problem ?

If you just got it and have the receipt, I would take it back quick and get another one of the same. See if it doesn't work better.

Please put a note in the box that the clutch is defective and also tell that to customer service at Home Depot.
    Don't put any of your info on the note. The note idea is just so people won't think it's just a "I don't like it" return.
    Last edited by Woussko; 10-15-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

That doesn't sound right. I'd say either exchange it or PM me and we can figure out how to get it back here so we can check it. Thanks.

Comment

I was going to use it for a few days and see how it feels. If it still acts up, I'll just exchange it.

The only other thing that may be a problem is the battery latch, just one in the back ( the other 12v drills have 2 - one on both sides that seem to hold better ) - it hasn't fallen off yet, but it doesn't seem quite as secure - no big deal really, I am just going to put a piece of foam behind the latch to help hold it in place a bit more securely.

Still a cool tool !!!

NEO1111

Comment

Working...
        X