X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 4pc Autoshift Combo w/Mini Radio

Saw this at Home Depot online. Combo has Autoshift drill, impact driver, am/fm max select mini radio, a flashlight, 2 lithium ion batteries, and a 20 minute charger.

-MaxSelect Portable Radio - Compact Size with MP3 Storage area and auxiliary cable included

I wonder what other new MaxSelect tools will be rolling out.

Re: Ridgid 4pc Autoshift Combo w/Mini Radio

I just saw that this morning myself also:
    • R84081 MaxSelect Portable Radio - Compact Size with MP3 Storage area and auxiliary cable included.
    I see that this kit (R969) was only for sale online, with it currently being "sold out" and only available online. I wonder if this is more HD sign language for "we don't have these yet", or if they're getting more in, and whether or not they'd be available in the stores, especially before Christmas.

I like this idea of the radio much, much, much more than the current Ridgid radio/scanner thing. This one looks to be nice and small, will run off of either 18/24 volt batteries, and with MP3 capability. Nice, small little accessory that will fit into a tool box/bag with other Ridgid tools when heading off to do some work. Also, it's something that I could put on my workbench without it taking up a huge chunk of valuable work space (unlike the radio/scanner). Since it's a MaxSelect listed tool, I wonder when/if Ridgid is going to sell it separately, and if/when they do that, when it's going to be listed on the MaxSelect product page. I too hope that more MaxSelect tools are coming out.

I even checked on eBay to see if one of these radios were available as a solo purchase, but I don't see anything yet. I'd jump on one of these, compared to the radio/scanner/industrial-brick one.

Also, I'd also be game for the new light that's in the R963 Ridgid X3 5-piece kit - I like the fact that that work light runs on a standard 9-watt (40-watt equivalent) standard CFL lightbulb; that's way more light to work with in a dark area, compared to the flashlight/spotlight/lantern version. I can't wait for Ridgid/TTI to get off of their collective arses though, and put together an LED flashlight/lantern-type worklight.
    Last edited by canucksartech; 10-20-2008, 03:24 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

I think that the mini flashlight was very well. It's very mini and portable. It's very well. And I often used it.
      blue sky

Comment

There's one for sale on Craig's List for $35

http://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/1174479957.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	72f57f246d08a5d29c4ebfba5391960a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	6958

If this has not been released for sale yet, where/how do people get these to sell so soon?

Better use asbestos gloves when handling this thing.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

If this has not been released for sale yet, where/how do people get these to sell so soon?

the post is from 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            the post is from 2008.
            Really? So the part where it says it was posted on 5-16-09 is bogus?

Name:	237aa26414ed9f119c725f742b9b076e.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	6962

Or maybe someone hacked into the DB and changed the date.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

When I was still shopping around for a power tool set, I thought the Ridgid Autoshift pieces were mostly hype with no major advantages over the older ones. Since they're not really easy to find anymore I thought they were just in the process of phasing them out. Am I right, or is there more to the story?

Comment

Really? So the part where it says it was posted on 5-16-09 is bogus?

Name:	237aa26414ed9f119c725f742b9b076e.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	6962

Or maybe someone hacked into the DB and changed the date.
                Bob, I think the part that he means is that my original post is from Oct 2008. These are available for sale, start of this year, but only as part of a kit, not as a solo item, which is what I was lamenting about earlier when I said they weren't available yet - I meant solo.

And basically, the people that have these on eBay buy up these kits on sale or on a promotion at a really smokin' hot price, and then break them up and sell the individual items - makes for some great prices, and some nice profits for the sellers', but it does make the items ineligible for the LLSA.
                Last edited by canucksartech; 05-20-2009, 05:06 PM. Reason: Hey! Post number 900 - I'm catching up to you, Plumber Rick! ;)

Comment

yeah i meant the first two posts.

Comment

hey bob thats hilarious, that pic from craigslist is the mini radio im selling in oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X