X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New compact Ridgid table saw

Anyone know anything about the new _small_ table saw? I can't find a sensible link for it, and the actual image is in a bunch of Flash -- but if you go to www.homedepot.ca, click on 'eflyer' at top left, click on '2008 tool guide' on the left, then go to page 4, at the bottom. Looks interesting; I don't quite understand the wheel/handle arrangement, I think it's still benchtop but has a wheelbarrow sort of arrangement for moving it around?

(ah, here we go: URL for the image itself is:
    http://homedepot.flyerservices.com/c...80289_0001.jpg, but you get more info if you go there via the Flash interface)

Riving knife, split fence, so I guess this is another one with the new levels of safety attachments. Looks like the fence doesn't have the little microadjust thumbwheel, but on the other hand, it's (CDN)$200 cheaper than the TS2400, so I'd expect there to be some things missing. Comes out on Dec 15th, so presumably we'll hear more between then and now.

Re: New compact Ridgid table saw

I just saw this saw too, I bought the dewalt portable saw this week and will be returning it for this saw. It seems far superior than the dewalt as it has 24 inches rip capacity instead of the 16" on the dewalt. I dont really like the fence on the dewalt either. The wheel and handle also makes this even sweeter.

I really feel bad for Dewalt, Seems like every new tool I buy when im comparing features ridgid always comes out on top with better features, a better warranty, and a lower price. Hats off to the folks at ridgid for doing a great job. Now get those new 5 peice combo kits in HD in Canada!!!!

Comment

Re: New compact Ridgid table saw

It's a brand new design. I think I'd proceed with a little more skepticism and objectivity than to read some highlights from an ad pic and declaring it superior to some pretty well proven saws.

Comment

Working...
      X