Which hammer drill to buy for home use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hammer drill to buy for home use

I am looking for a good hammer drill for home use. I have shortlisted two of the brands which are
    1. Makita HP1620K -Made in United Kingdom
    2. Bosch(blue) GSB 700RE-Made in Malaysia

Makita is slightly cheaper than Bosch but comes with one year warranty. Bosch comes with one year complete guarantee.

Please suggest what to buy

Re: Which hammer drill to buy for home use

I don't have that particular model but the Makita Hammer Drill that I own has been great for the limited use it sees around the house.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by aftab43 View Post
      I am looking for a good hammer drill for home use. I have shortlisted two of the brands which are
      1. Makita HP1620K -Made in United Kingdom
      2. Bosch(blue) GSB 700RE-Made in Malaysia
      Either drill should be fine for small holes (Tapcons) but I would recommend getting a keyed chuck. My Makita keyless chuck tends to leave spin marks on my bits. My Bosch 1199 VSR has the keyed chuck

Comment

aftab43,

What part of the world are you located in? The reason I ask is that both models you have listed are made for use in Europe and on 240 Volts. With that in mind the 120 Volt models for most of North America wouldn't work for you.

Comment

I am working in Saudi Arabia. We have dual voltage supply here that is 110V and 230V. I would however prefer to have 230V as I can take it to my home country India.
          Thanks

Comment

I bought a Hitachi cordless 18V drill/driver/hammerdrill a year or so ago and it rocks. Model # is DV18DL and it will do anything around the house. Later!

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
              Either drill should be fine for small holes (Tapcons) but I would recommend getting a keyed chuck. My Makita keyless chuck tends to leave spin marks on my bits. My Bosch 1199 VSR has the keyed chuck
              The New Dewalt Hammerdrill's have a much better chuck on them, I believe its a ROHM chuck. It's a industrial grade self tightening chuck. I own the DC925 model and I have yet to spin a bit....however sometimes it locks down so tight I had to use a vise to get it unlocked.

Comment

Working...
              X