R969 combo kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R969 combo kit

two of my local HDs have the R969 comb0 kit. it contains the autoselect drill/driver, the max select impact driver, a light and a mini radio, along with a single battery charger and two 18V li batteries. price is $249. considering the autoshift drill/driver alone retails for $229 online, this appears to be worth a look. oddly enough, i couldn't find this kit on the Ridgid website.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: R969 combo kit

Yeah, it's a great price, considering the items that make up the kit. One heck of a deal, if the price remains at that. Now, we just have to wait and see what the sales status will be for this item - sold online only, or also sold at the stores, and either way, what the stock situation will be, or if they're always going to be "sold out".

Comment

the 2 HDs i was in had at least 6 each. could have walked out of the stores with one if i wanted to. as usual, product roll out seems to be poorly managed, from a consumer's perspective.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        Yeah, it's a great price, considering the items that make up the kit. One heck of a deal, if the price remains at that. Now, we just have to wait and see what the sales status will be for this item - sold online only, or also sold at the stores, and either way, what the stock situation will be, or if they're always going to be "sold out".
        One store here in Ottawa was just putting them out on the floor.

Comment

LOCAL HDs got R969 in stock (1.5 Ah+3.0 Ah each) plus they have released the NEW 18V X3 combo kit and 18V X3 hammerdrill alone with 3.0 Li batteries

Comment

Originally posted by Marz View Post
            One store here in Ottawa was just putting them out on the floor.
            Originally posted by reConx View Post
            LOCAL HDs got R969 in stock (1.5 Ah+3.0 Ah each) plus they have released the NEW 18V X3 combo kit and 18V X3 hammerdrill alone with 3.0 Li batteries
            What's the prices on these items, boys? Please share, and whether it's a Canadian or U.S. store/price. I'm curious.

(That's the Mrs., over in the corner, looking at me and telling me "No more, you just got a new shotgun combo, no more tools." ).

Comment

What's the prices on these items, boys? Please share, and whether it's a Canadian or U.S. store/price. I'm curious
              Correction: the R969 $249US has 2 x 1.5 Ah Li batteries; the AutoShift kit has one 1.5 Ah and one 3 Ah battery $229US
              The new X3 hammerdrill +X3 5pc kit were too new for prices at the time I saw them...They did mark down the old R931 24V XLi to $299

X3 5 pc kit $499US
              X3 hammerdrill $269US (took shelf space from X2 hammerdrill R86111)
              Last edited by reConx; 11-04-2008, 02:54 PM. Reason: update info

Comment

Thanks for the price updates.

Comment

I used the autoshift drill, good idea... however not impressed with it's overall power. Tried to put in a 3/8 lag, and when it shifted down it just stoped. The Ryobi drill had no problem putting in the same lag. The trigger also has a very hard pull to it.

Comment

I just looked at the R969 Combo at my local HD. Funny thing, their promotional board cleary states the 3Ah battery but the box shows the smaller 1.5 battery. A little misleading.

I also "tested" the R969 drill in the display area and I was very disapppointed with the weight and feel of the drill. It felt no different then my Ryobi 18v NiCad.

I love the Ridgid LSA because it has served me well in the past but I'm not sure about this combo.

I am considering the Black Friday 2-piece Makita special at HD (18v LiOn Hammer Drill and impact Driver for $199).

What are your thoughts on the R969 and the Makita deal?

Comment

FYI. Ryobi and Ridgid tools both manufactured by One World Technologies.

Comment

Just to let you know guys, batteries are 2.8 Ah and not 3. It says 3 on the battery sticker, but it's 2.8 inside (2x 1400 mah).

Comment

Originally posted by pipsqueek View Post
                          FYI. Ryobi and Ridgid tools both manufactured by One World Technologies.
                          FYI....we know. Shhhhh.

Comment

Can those lithium batteries be charged on any Ridgid charger?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Can those lithium batteries be charged on any Ridgid charger?
                              No they cannot. They have additional contacts on the lithium batteries that are not on the NiCad batteries. The Lithium charger will interface with these contacts and the NiCad charger will not as they do not have the additional circuitry. The contacts are located on the "stick" portion of the Ryobi battery. The lithium charger will charge the NiCads however.

Comment

Working...
                              X