X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS1065LZA laser line issue

I just set up the MS1065LZA on the M-SUV stand. Everything is great except the laser line is not going on. The manual states:

'The laser guide will generate a laser line on the work surface when the sawblade is spinning. The laser line will appear as a broken line on the workpiece when the blade assembly is in the uppermost position & the motor switch is activated.'

Well I have been cutting with it & there has been no laser line yet held upright with switch open & I have started cutting trim & the laser has not been seen.

I'm hoping that there is a switch or something that I haven't found. The last thing I want to do is take this back to the store, it's all set up & everything else about it is great.

Re: MS1065LZA laser line issue

Its been a while since I put mine on. Did you check to make sure there was no plastic keeping the battery from making contact?

Is yours the one that you put in place of the arbor washer? If it is I wouldn't worry about it. I would just put the normal washer back on and not worry about the laser. I stopped using mine as the laser was off by about an 1/8" found it easer to just bring the blade down and line up my cuts

Jim
    http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

Originally posted by jtravnick View Post
      its been a while since i put mine on. Did you check to make sure there was no plastic keeping the battery from making contact?

Is yours the one that you put in place of the arbor washer? If it is i wouldn't worry about it. I would just put the normal washer back on and not worry about the laser. I stopped using mine as the laser was off by about an 1/8" found it easer to just bring the blade down and line up my cuts

jim
      +1
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hi Kurt
        What ended up being the problem? My MS1290LZA is doing the same thing. I assume that the other two responses were by owners of the older non-adjustable laser models. I'd prefer to decide for myself if the laser is worthless instead of taking someone elses word for it.

Comment

Working...
        X