X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ridgid 5 piece li-ion combo set in Canada

When are the new 5 peice combo sets supposed to arrive in canadian home depots? My store has sold all old stock combo kits and are awaiting the new kits. Has anyone seen one? I need one ASAP

Re: New ridgid 5 piece li-ion combo set in Canada

Probably not for a bit. If we're lucky, they'll be here right before Christmas. Sounds like they're still being rolled out throughout the U.S., and it takes a bit for that to get done before the roll out heads up to this side of the border.

I checked out a couple of my HD haunts in Michigan this past weekend, and they weren't there yet. So it might still be a little bit of a wait (at least 2 months methinks) before you can get this in Ontario. That, or drive to the States to pick one up, once you know they're in the stores there.

Comment

Dam! well if anyone this side of the border spots one please report.

Comment

Originally posted by Pas The Carpenter View Post
        When are the new 5 peice combo sets supposed to arrive in Canadian home depots? My store has sold all old stock combo kits and are awaiting the new kits. Has anyone seen one? I need one ASAP
        re you talking about this one?
        R963 5 Pc. 18V Lithium-Ion Combo Kit
        http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R963-Combo-Kit/EN/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Marz View Post
          re you talking about this one?
          R963 5 Pc. 18V Lithium-Ion Combo Kit
          http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R963-Combo-Kit/EN/index.htm

Yes

Comment

Does anyone have an idea how much the R963 combo will be?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by amresultan View Post
              does anyone have an idea how much the r963 combo will be
              $499us

Comment

I've never seen something so hard to get a hold of! I called many HomeDepot in the Ottawa area and none of them have it or have even heard of the r963 combo kit. I've called a couple in the U.S. as well because I plan on traveling there over the holidays and I get the same story. Yet I see one on sale on ebay! Surely it can't be this complicated? Is it possible HomeDepot isn't ordering them until they get rid of the old R964 combo?

Comment

No, it's just that they're at some Home Depot stores in certain areas, but not in others. And the HD staff sometimes don't know their left foot from their right one - I've gone into an HD to pick up something, and they didn't have it, so I ask them to check their computers to see if any other store has it, and no luck. Then, I go across town myself to pick up something else, and I decide to check out another store for the heck of it, and voila, what I was looking for is right on display at this other store.

Comment

Ok, they finally got in the store. It took about 45minutes to find the right sku because it wasn't in the computer system yet, but I finally got it.

$499 CAD at Home Depot

Comment

Originally posted by amresultan View Post
                      Ok, they finally got in the store. It took about 45minutes to find the right sku because it wasn't in the computer system yet, but I finally got it.

$499 CAD at Home Depot
                      FYI: Mail-In Rebate offer:
                      http://www.ridgid.com/x3/X3_Rebate_flyer.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post

This rebate is only valid in the US according to the pdf.

Also, I just picked up this set today at HD in Ancaster - i believe the regular price is $499 . . . but from Dec 4-7 its 20% 18V power tools - the price at the register was $399.20 - $450 after taxes.

I dont think HD employees know much about it though - it was on the shelf with a sign for the $499 4-piece set - again i think its just showed up in stock recently and people don't realize its a new different set.

Comment

Wicked deal on the Ridgid 24 volt 3 piece set right now - $199.20 during this sale if you can find one at your local store. The 24 volt drill and recip saw are MaxSelect compatible - both work with the compact lithium 18 volt batteries I already have.

Obviously Ridgid is clearing out the 24 volt line, but great for me as I have a bunch of MaxSelect tools already.

Awesome deal if you can find one at your local Canadian store.
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Well E-bay has beat Home Depot again!
                            I found a whole bunch of them ...and free shipping too.

How does this guy do it in TX??????

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                              Wicked deal on the Ridgid 24 volt 3 piece set right now - $199.20 during this sale if you can find one at your local store. The 24 volt drill and recip saw are MaxSelect compatible - both work with the compact lithium 18 volt batteries I already have.

Obviously Ridgid is clearing out the 24 volt line, but great for me as I have a bunch of MaxSelect tools already.

Awesome deal if you can find one at your local Canadian store.
                              Yeah, that is a smokin' price. Good deal that Charlesx got on the new set too, with 20% off.

Also Tinmack, I love the picture: Nothing like a little Comander Krill to warm up your day. Too bad you didn't use a picture of him in a skirt - he's got killer, um, legs. (Under Seige reference, for those of you who didn't get that.) Hey, what's wrong with my computer - I think I can hear crickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X