Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi 12V Lithium Drill/driver

Hello
    Trying to decide which one to get and would like to hear some diferent views/opinions.
    I am deciding between the Ryobi 12V Litium, Bosch 12V lithium and Ridgid 12V lithium.
    First, price: Ryobi-79.00
    Ridgid-99.00
    Bosch-129.00
    I like the chuck, slim design and feel on the Bosch the best. Don't like the price though.
    Again, the same likes with the Ryobi(chuck not quite as good as the Bosch) and love the price.
    Last on my list is the Ridgid. I don't like the bulky unbalanced top heavy feel of it. Tough to get into tight spaces. Price is ok. Warranty/LSA is the best. The only thing drawing me to it would be the warranty. Not sure if that is a deciding factor in making the puchase.
    Thanks, Ron

Re: Ryobi 12V Lithium Drill/driver

I assume it is the same thing. The Ridgid 12 volt drill/driver is now being sold as a 2-pack. Normal price is $129 for drill/driver, but you get an extra one free. These 2-packs are on the shelf of my local HD. Across the other side of the store (by the insulation and not near the tools), they have the original single packs on sale for $69 (I think it was $69, could have been $79). You may want to take a walk around the store.

Comment

Hello
      I looked at every isle. I think you may be talking about the older Ridgid. The one I am referring to is the model R82007). The only Ridgid I saw was the Ridgid that was a originally 129.00, but they have now rolled the price back to 99.00 It is for a single one. Even if you got 2, what would I do with a second one?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
        I am deciding between the Ryobi 12V Litium, Bosch 12V lithium and Ridgid 12V lithium
        Just trying to make sure you have seen the other 12V tools: Milwaukee, Hitachi.

I got the Bosch PS40 Impactor + PS20. I like the size, power and 1/4" hex drive with quick release. IMO one important consideration is how extensive the lineup is for additional power tools that use the same battery. Ryobi offers value and decent performance. Another Ryobi advantage: battery design allows the tool to be placed upright.

Comment

Hello
          Yes, I looked at the others. I would only be using it for weekend type projects, nothing major. That is why the 79.00 appealed to me. My Ridgid 18V lithium is compact fine really over kill for soem small projects. I also want to stay away from the hex type chuck/bits.

Comment

I think I may have convinced myself to get the Ryobi. Ron

Comment

FYI: For small pilot holes on projects I bought a $5 set of hex shank drill bits from HF.
              If its Ryobi, post a mini performance review

I forgot one!!! HD has the Makita 10.8V drill/driver + impact for $179 that I would definitely consider if I had not invested in Bosch. Makita has basically improved upon most of the Bosch advantages.

Comment

The Makita is the best of the bunch right now. I have the Makita and the Milwaukee 12v and think the Makita is superior.

Comment

Working...
                X