X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wd 1665, 1670, 1671

I know RIDGID has changed models on their blower vac, but what's going on? Home depot shows the WD 1670 as being out of stock and it's been out of stock for 2 months. Also, I'm getting reports from customers of mine that RIDGID's new vac is 1671. Is that true? It's not on the RIDGID site or at least I can't find it.

Thanks for any information that you can give me.

Ed Morgano
    Clear Vue Cyclones, Inc
    www.clearvuecyclones.com

Re: Wd 1665, 1670, 1671

Yes, sometimes the product lines change, and it's a roll of the dice sometimes whether that info is updated on Ridgid's webpage first or on Home Depot's webpage first. I think it has a bit to do with the issue of TTI being the go-between with these two companies.

Don't worry - your "blower vac" thing should still work fine with the new model number. If it's changed from a 1670 to a 1671 (with only the last number changed, a version number if you will), then it's likely only a small update. This could be anything from a revised or newly included accessory, to a change of a better filter that's included, to a new sticker, etc. The basic model structure should be identical. Otherwise, they'd change it from a 1670 to a 1680 or a 1700 or 1770, something like that (if those numbers aren't already applicable to a current model).

The model number transition within Home Depot and on their webpage, will probably take anywhere from 1 to 3 months, depending on how fast their stores and regions clear out the old stock first.

Comment

Re: Wd 1665, 1670, 1671

I just picked up one of the WD16710 blower vacs at Home Depot - on sale for $70, marked down from $100.

It seems to be a great vac and we've used it for both blowing and sucking quite a bit in a week.

I used the gutter attachment and it worked nice, too.

Comment

Working...
      X