X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Impact Question

I am looking for a Ridgid cordless impact driver that is 3/8 or 1/2 drive. This tool will be used by me at work and I am a lawn mower tech. If Ridgid is not available who makes a good one?

Re: Cordless Impact Question

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...roductID=19415

Comment

I don't know how hard you'll be running it, but Milwaukee makes an awesome 1/2 inch impact wrench in their V28 line. The thing is a monster that can take car tires off no problem.

If you're needs are lighter, then you'd probably be well served by the 18 volt Ridgid. I see two packs with the drill, impact driver, charger and batts at HD all the time.

Then again, all depends as well if you are looking at building a collection of tools that will all use the same batts. That will impact your choice of toos/manufacturer as well.
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by skirk55 View Post
        I am looking for a Ridgid cordless impact driver that is 3/8 or 1/2 drive.
        With that size mentioned, I'm presuming you'll be using lug nuts? If so, what you're asking about then is an impact wrench, correct? There's a world of difference between an impact driver and an impact wrench.

If it's an impact wrench you're looking for, the DeWalt one is pretty good. If it's the impact driver you're after, either the Ridgid or the Milwaukee ones are both excellent.

Comment

How about pneumatic tools for your shop? A nice pneumatic 3/8" square drive ratchet is ultra handy for your work. You have many choices of 3/8", 1/2" and if needed 3/4" square drive impact wrenches too. If you really need a cordless battery powered impact wrench then as others posted take a look at DeWalt and Milwaukee.

Please post more info about what your needs are.

Comment

The impact will be used on small engines and out in the yard where there is no air. Also used on riding mowers and push mowers.

Comment

Ingersoll Rand IQv are really nice cordless impacts available in a 14.4v 3/8" and a 19.2v 1/2". There are also a bunch of other tools in the line up including ratchet, cutoff, drills and more.
              Jay
              Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
              Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Working...
              X