X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Notice Ridgid Vacs

Got a letter in the mail concerning 5 gallon or larger w/d vacs. Check out the link for more information. I got the bypass parts for my 12 gal Ridgid and 16 gal Craftsman. One of the w/d vacs are over ten years old and I have not experienced any problems

https://secure.orderprocessing.net/e...ypass/home.php

Re: Safety Notice Ridgid Vacs

How to Obtain a Bypass Insert?
    To request a Bypass Insert, simply visit us www.emersontoolcompany.com/bypass or call toll free 1-866-288-8143.
    Please have your Model Number and Serial Number on hand (these may be found on silver label on the back of the power head, by the handle, or by the blowing port).

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, mine is now in the mail.
      I don't use mine for what this insert protects against but who knows what the kids will do

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
        Thanks for the heads up, mine is now in the mail.
        I don't use mine for what this insert protects against but who knows what the kids will do
        Me too. Should take about 4 weeks for mailing or so (probably 6 to Canada). Better be safe than sorry.

Comment

Please send the bypass insert to James H. Galway, 100 Newport Rd, Leola, PA 17540 for Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac, Model WD163650, serial number 04049C0181./

Thank you,

Jim Galway

Comment

James, welcome to the forum but that request will not work, you need to fill out the info at the website provided. Sending this guy a PM too since he is new...

Comment

Good call, wbrooks. Better than Woussko barking away, or myself taking a bite at someone, just to ensure the steps are followed.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                Good call, wbrooks. Better than Woussko barking away, or myself taking a bite at someone, just to ensure the steps are followed.
                Sorry - I have been corrected. Make that "howling away". Better now Woussko??

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                  sorry - i have been corrected. Make that "howling away". Better now woussko?? :d
                  Yes it is better and thank you

Comment

Your .

Comment

Now let's thank Wayne for getting things right and off the ground. It's past time for me to get out of here.

Comment

OK, the safety part arrived. I popped it into my 16 gallon Ridgid wet/dry vacuum.

I never abuse "my stuff" so this recall as far as I'm concerned is moot.

BUT.... to be safe I did it.

Now I wonder will there be any effect on the vacuums operation? additional noise?
                        less stress on the motor?

Anything? Anyone?

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                          Now I wonder will there be any effect on the vacuums operation? additional noise? less stress on the motor? Anything? Anyone?
                          Based on just observations of current marketing ads on two competitive 12-14 gallon w/d vacs, its possible that new w/d vacs probably have the bypass insert already installed and coincidentally the peak HP rating seems to be lower (3.5-4.5 HP).
                          I use my w/d vacs properly and may bypass installation of the bypass insert and tuck it on the shelf if it affects performance. Hopefully other members will report their findings.
                          Last edited by reConx; 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X