New RIDGID RD80746 3000 PSI Washer - Nicked and Scratched Frame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RIDGID RD80746 3000 PSI Washer - Nicked and Scratched Frame

I just purchased a new, unopened RIDGID 3000PSI Pressure Washer from home Depot and put it together. I noticed that there are a few nicks and a small scratch in the frame tubing. I realize that the unit has a three year warranty, but I'm afraid that the frame (especially since it will be around chemicals) may rust.

I called RIDGID and asked if they offer touch-up paint, but the CS Agent said that they didn't.

What should I do? should I call and ask for the two side-frame assemblies be replaced. I should be able to replace them. If I simply return the unit for exchange, Home Depot might think that I did this while putting the unit together.

Thanks, Brad

Re: New RIDGID RD80746 3000 PSI Washer - Nicked and Scratched Frame

If it really bothers you just return it and ask for a different unit. After all, they do have a 90 day no questions asked return policy. If they give you a hard time just give them a harder time in return.

On the other hand, what makes you think that a pristine unit won't also be harmed by the chemicals you'll be exposing the unit too?
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 11-01-2008, 03:35 PM.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Re: New RIDGID RD80746 3000 PSI Washer - Nicked and Scratched Frame

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      If it really bothers you just return it and ask for a different unit. After all, they do have a 90 day no questions asked return policy. If they give you a hard time just give them a harder time in return.

On the other hand, what makes you think that a pristine unit won't also be harmed by the chemicals you'll be exposing the unit too?
      Well, it's not so much that a new or unscratched unit won't be exposed to chemicals, but the scratches are down to the bare metal, and exposed metal is more prone to rust and corrosion.

Brad

Comment

Working...
      X