Ridgid TS3660 with Extension Table?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS3660 with Extension Table?

Question I've been pondering for a bit...

I recently purchased a TS3660 and also purchased a Bench Dog Steel Router Extension. I've installed the Steel Router Extension in place of the right stock extension table. I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts if I could either add the stock extension table to the end of the bench dog or leave the stock in place and have the bench dog attached to it.

Either way I'd have to drill and tap 3 holes as both the extension table and the router table do not have the holes on the right side (end) of them.

Curious as to anyones thoughts. Has anyone done this? Will the table be less stable (all the weight to the right)? Should the router go 2nd or the table 2nd in line?

Thanks in advance. I've been kicking it around as A.) The fence guides go out that far and B.) I hate to just have that extension sitting around doing nothing.

Ryan

Re: Ridgid TS3660 with Extension Table?

I'm not sure about the weight, but if I were to do it, I suggest putting the heaviest one closest to the saw. The weight will act like a lever on the screws holding it to the saw's table, so to reduce the force on those screws you want the heaviest part as close to them as possible.

Comment

It probably would work out OK as long as you don't eliminate the stabilizer bar. You most likely would also have to add some type of leg supports to the outside piece.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Interesting feedback and thanks for it!

I think if I were to do it, the router should be on the inside. It's the largest of the plates and with the router hanging from it, has the most weight on it.

Stabilizer Bar? Did I miss something? :-) Are you talking about the front and rear rails for the fence by chance?

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by rcassidy View Post
          Stabilizer Bar? Did I miss something? :-) Are you talking about the front and rear rails for the fence by chance?

Ryan
          I'm referring to that bar on the RH side of the saw that keeps the front and rear rails parallel to each other. If you were to eliminate that there would be a good chance that you could skew the fence when you lock it down.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Ahhh... So that's what that damm thing is :-) I was wondering about that. Never saw it mentioned in the manual anywhere besides it being listed under Parts. Cool. Guess I'll put that in there.

Note: - I have had NO issues with it being out of alignment yet. Saw/fence etc has been perfect.

Thanks!
            Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X