No announcement yet.

3000psi presure washer engine speed???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3000psi presure washer engine speed???

FYI, my Honda GX engines never knock like you describe. You could leave the ignition sw. on off, pull the rope with the trigger pulled on the gun a few times to lube the engine the start it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
      FYI, my Honda GX engines never knock like you describe. You could leave the ignition sw. on off, pull the rope with the trigger pulled on the gun a few times to lube the engine the start it.
      Thanks Andrew, never thought about that... Don't know why I didn't because I have a 94 Dodge van that I seldom use, and I put an ignition cut off switch on it just so I could crank on it and get the oil circulated... BTW- It (PW) didn't knock the last time or two I cranked it, maybe it has just gotten broke in...lol...
      Thanks and have a good one...Tater...

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        Just in case things go wrong if you have one, wear a face shield. Sometimes there's nasty sprayback if the threads are bum or the plastic hose busts or pulls off. It's best to play it safe if you can.
        That's why I used the Mrs. to help me - "Just push the button honey, while I slowly pull the crank cord to let the fluid go through. No, it's fine - there's nothing to worry about. FFSSSTTTT! Ooops, are you okay honey - don't get it in your eyes!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Thanks Turbobeaver, thats about what I thought... I have been cranking it with the lever to the right though, then moving it all the way to the left which seemed to work... I was a bit concerned due to when I first crank it the engine has a bit of a knock, like it hasn't gotten oil yet, say for something like the 1st 6-10 licks she hits, then smoothes out, don't like that at all as I also have a John Deere push mower that has a set throttle and it has the same type of knock also, wish this PW had a clutch or something to that effect on it, and that dang JD mower had a controllable throttle...
          Thanks and have a good one...Tater...
          Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
          I too have this Ridgid 3000psi pressure washer, and mine too had this sort of knock the first few times I started it. Sort of like Andrew said, start this puppy easily first like he said. I realized that the knock was due to the pressure washer's pump pistons "tapping" or "knocking" due to no water being in them, and therefore no resistance, during the first few compressions after the engine starting. Like the manual states in there at some point, what I started to do is to hook the water hose and everything else up, and then stand there for about 30 seconds with the wand, and press the trigger to let the regular flow of water go through - this also lets any air pockets within the hose connection be flushed through. Then, with the trigger still pulled, I pull on the crank-start rope slowly and fully for 2 times, before I even turn on the red engine-on/start switch - this allows the interior engine parts to move within themselves, and get the oil moving around inside, before I submit them to the higher stress of starting and running. Then, after my 2 slow pulls, I turn on the red engine switch, and BLAMMO!!!, on she comes, and purrs with the best of them, with no knocking, sputtering, or other issues.

Comment

Working...
          X