Vacuum Motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Motors

I have found that the motor in the 12 gal 5 hp wet/dry vac only has about a 60 hr. lifetime then burns out. I have go through 3 vacs a month and have finally changed brands because the Ridgid just has not improved quality.

Re: Vacuum Motors

What did the people at the Ridgid Service Center have to say when you returned those vac for replacements? Have they seen similar failures with other people? Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not insinuating that you're abusing those vacs it just seems strange that they all failed after approximately the same 60 hours of usage.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

If you really work your vacs look at the Milwaukee #8912 which has a quality 3 stage Lamb (Made in USA) motor that can be fully rebuilt and it does last longer too. This machine doesn't come cheap but over time if worked hard it pays off.
      http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._192222_192137

Another real work horse if it is for dry dirt only is the NSS model M1 (PIG) vacuum. You have to get them through a special janitorial floor machinery type of dealer. The Milwaukee can be ordered from any serious Milwaukee dealer. The same with accessories for it.

With your short life Ridgid vacs are you sucking up drywall dust? If yes, you need a special super filter and the same applies for other brands too. The Milwaukee uses a huge collection bag along with a secondary filter. They are good soot eaters.

================================================== ================================================

Question: Is there any chance you're running them on a generator or that your Voltage in your building is running high?
      Last edited by Woussko; 11-07-2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

What is "burnt out" at 60 hours? motor brushes?
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
        X