Framing Nailer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framing Nailer.

I recently bought a R350CHA framing nailer. I loved it, Look good, felt good, performed well and plenty of power. I have read a lot of bad things about Ridgid and there lifetime warranty and how long it takes to get parts.

I returned it after one day of use. I am worried I will get stuck with out a tool for a month waiting on a part. So I have been looking at other nailers and none of them come close to the featured that I liked so much on the Ridgid.

The only complain I can come up with for the gun is the lack of a case. I dislike the bags but Ridgid did use a pretty high quality bag.

I am contemplating going back and buying another Ridgid. My thought is the guy who has to wait four months for his tool is going to be loud and tell everybody but the guy who gos his tool back in three days will be quiet about it. If I dont get the ridgid I will likely buy a dewalt since dewalt tools have never let me down.

Re: Framing Nailer.

I wanted to buy ridgid but ended up buying a Milwaukee 7110-20 (30-34 deg clipped). All I can say this nailer is better than any Bostitch, Senco, Dewalt and Portercable combined. I went thru 4000 nails (31 deg nails from HomeDepot) without any problems, not a single jam. Some "universal" nailers will jam if you have a 31 deg nailes in a 34 nailer but this one was ok. I also have a FC350 Porter Cable I just bought (paid $150 for each), haven't tried it yet but based on reviews it's also a good nailer.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-7110...6282031&sr=8-1

Comment

The Porter-Cable FC350A is excellent.

Comment

Well I have had my Ridgid framing nailer along with pretty much evey other Ridgid nailer made (except for the round head framing) and haven't had a problem yet. I'm also that guy who has had only good experiences with the LSA and doesn't say too much. My closest service center is ten minutes from my house and although it doesn't take ten minutes to fix things it definately hasn't been more than a month on anything. I agree with you on the hard cases though, the stapler Ridgid sells has a hard case as well as the roofing nailer, I'm pretty sure thats it though. The bags are really nice though so whatever. If I were you I would go get the Ridgid and if you are really worried about it go to the service center and see what they say about the timeframe. My guys here in Ohio tell me they prefer Ridgid over DeWalt but from what I've read every center is different. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
          I wanted to buy ridgid but ended up buying a Milwaukee 7110-20 (30-34 deg clipped).
          I have looked at the Milwaukee 7110-20 and I am pretty sure it is the same exact gun as the ridgid. I will likely go back and get the ridgid since it is cheaper than the Milwaukee 7110-20 and I liked it so much. I have a ridgid finish nailer and it has never let me down.

Did the Milwaukee 7110-20 come with a case or a bag?

Comment

If the nailer is that critical to your business, you should have two of them. They can all break down. I have a back up for all of my "must have" tools. That said, I wouldn't make the decision based on one persons experience. Even the finest tools have their haters.

Comment

Originally posted by thedcdude View Post
              If the nailer is that critical to your business, you should have two of them. They can all break down. I have a back up for all of my "must have" tools. That said, I wouldn't make the decision based on one persons experience. Even the finest tools have their haters.

This tool is strictly for side jobs and around the house stuff. Nothing major but enough that renting one would be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by C-kicks View Post
                I have looked at the Milwaukee 7110-20 and I am pretty sure it is the same exact gun as the ridgid. I will likely go back and get the ridgid since it is cheaper than the Milwaukee 7110-20 and I liked it so much. I have a ridgid finish nailer and it has never let me down.

Did the Milwaukee 7110-20 come with a case or a bag?
                They look similar and might have common parts but they are different guns with different quality. If it's for occasional use, go for ridgid.

Comment

I will likely buy the ridgid. Thanks

Comment

I went back and bought the Ridgid. I like this gun a lot. I will just cross my fingers and hope it doesnt have any problems in the middle of one of my projects. I am pretty good about taking care of my tools so it will be oiled before every use and stored in my basement.

I have used some porter cable and senco guns before and I like the feel of the ridgid the best.

Anybody have a good link for a place to buy nails? I am having trouble finding 3 1/2 inch papaer tape nailes HD only had 3.25 . I would like to have a few 3.5 laying around.

Comment

I had the Ridgid round head framing nailer for about 3 years. Haven't had a problem yet, I just clean it and oil it.

If anything, it's a bit heavy but that my only complaint.

Comment

Working...
                      X