X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to the final 2 sets (18v li-ion)

Ok folks, it's down to the final two, what do you all think?

I found this deal for the Milwaukee M18 set:
    http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/combo_ki...roogle2691-24p
    Which is a drill/driver, impact driver, circ saw, recip saw, light, and 3 batteries for $468 (if the 10% off deal really does apply)

OR

the Makita LXT 18v Li-ion sets such as this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Makita-LXT601-.../dp/B00168AFA0
    This is available at Home Depot and others and there's also a similiar set for a slightly different price, but for the sake of argument, this one includes a drill/driver, impact driver, circ saw, recip saw, grinder, light, and 2 batteries for $564. Again, similar combos can be had without the grinder for less (which is fine).

Both feel very nice in hand and both have the led light on the drivers, which really is a nice perk. Milwaukee has the battery meter, which is also nice, but Makita...well is Makita and has the longevity and reputation in cordless tools. Milwaukee is a legend in power tools, but not necessarily in cordless.

Right now I am leaning to the Milwaukee, anyone out there have any experience or input with either that'll sway me?

Last edited by Gator Tim; 11-12-2008, 07:14 PM.

Re: Down to the final 2 sets (18v li-ion)

IMHO if you are a weekend worrier / homeowner (like me.. and am just a half-worrier) I'll go with Ridgid due to the LSA, on battery too. I use to prefer Dewalt, Makita, Bosch (still have them) but the batteries expires faster than I had time to make good use of them. Now I just go with Ridgid in most cases... TS, ROS, drill press, etc..

Of course, professional use would be / could be a different story.

Happy shopping

Comment

Originally posted by Wagon Man View Post
      IMHO if you are a weekend worrier / homeowner (like me.. and am just a half-worrier) I'll go with Ridgid due to the LSA, on battery too. I use to prefer Dewalt, Makita, Bosch (still have them) but the batteries expires faster than I had time to make good use of them. Now I just go with Ridgid in most cases... TS, ROS, drill press, etc..

Of course, professional use would be / could be a different story.

Happy shopping
      I think so too.
      battery-pack / philips norelco shaver / Drill Shop

Comment

i have both the milwaukee and the makita. (and ridgid) if you are looking to buy the makita or milwaukee, you cant go wrong either way. they are both very comfortable and built well. you cant beat the makita batteries, i havent had the milwaukee long enough to know how good there batteries are. its a toss up if you ask me.......

Comment

M18 recip saw feels like a Ryobi. I didn't find any way to adjust the shoe on it. Go with makita, easier to find batteries and way more available tools.

Comment

I own both Milwaukee V18 and Makita lxt tools and from my experience the Makita has superior battery life. The Makita battery platform is well established compared to the Milwaukee M18. The Makita impact driver is also the best on the market IMO. Makita also has a larger selection of tools to choose from compared to Milwaukee. Just my two cents.

Comment

Your replies on the Makita hit in line with what a contractor friend I ran into yesterday shared on his experience. He said the Milwaukees are way more durable (can be dropped from the roof, car, etc), but the Makitas are still pretty durable and have better battery life....looks like I'll be on the lookout for a Makita deal!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X