Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Cool 1/4" Corded Electric Drill

P.E.T. Hi-Power 77 1/4" electric drill

Please check here later when I put up pictures and description of it. I had posted about one just like it on eBay but the auction has run out. I didn't check the final price.

I have a few other wild old timer drills and may post pictures and some other info about them here. If you have any please do post what you can about them. Pictures too, please.
    Last edited by Woussko; 11-16-2008, 02:47 PM.

Re: Pretty Cool 1/4" Corded Electric Drill

Cool drill Woussko! My dad has a couple old metal Craftsman + Skil drills from the 50's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9dd08b1dc88cf4b765fc88f4c0d23047.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	4875

Craftsman 1/4" electric drill
    • Made in USA
    • Speed Torque Control
    • Develops 1/4 horsepower
    • Industrial 2.3 amps 1900rpm
    Skil Drill 1/2" drill
    I did not find any info off internet yet....
    **Model 281
    **4 amps 450 rpm
    **Made in USA SkillSaw Inc
    **All metal body, chuck and switch
    working on pics.....
    Last edited by reConx; 11-16-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I have a near new condition Model 77-H that belonged to dad. I have been trying to guess the age and information on it. Mom remembers it well. Any help out there?

Oldstuff

Comment

A lead contractor guy that I've known for a bit, who I do some odd high-end contracting work for, still has an old hand crank door-set drill. The thing is mostly made up of solid nickel with brass insets and accents, and has a mahogany end knob and handle. Absolutely beautiful tool. He's had it for quite a while, found it, all dusty and dirty and grimy, at an estate auction. He got it for only a few bucks, and just cleaned it up, polished the heck out of it with a buffing wheel on a bench grinder. Just awesome - I'd hate to think what it's really worth, compared to what he got it for (somewhere in the neighbourhood of only about 10 bucks, or something ludicrous like that).
        Last edited by canucksartech; 12-17-2008, 07:54 AM. Reason: Hey, post 800 - cool.

Comment

You never know what you may find at an estate sale, auction barn, flea market or local yard sale. Mostly I just see junk and trash but sometimes there's that one very special item.

Comment

If you see my first post, here is a picture of a drill just like the one I tell about. Sometime I'll post better ones of my actual drill.
            Attached Files

Comment

I tell you, hound dog, you have got to have one heck of a big garage/workshop attached to your doghouse. Either that, or you must pay quite the monthly fees for a huge storage locker.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	657ee4b7c68440d180e6f7074e2ddd16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	5101
                Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                If you see my first post, here is a picture of a drill just like the one I tell about. Sometime I'll post better ones of my actual drill.
                I have my fathers drill and am trying to find out more about it too. Picture attached.

Oldstuff

Comment

Oldstuff

I feel pretty safe in saying it's 50 plus in age. It could well be 60 or older.

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge...d&aid=90945096

Best e-bay find ever. Note the original cardboard box. I'm guessing late '50s at the oldest.

55 bucks after shipping.

Should be here Monday or Tuesday. I'll be really bummed if there's a complication like say, the most snow Chicago's seen in a decade.

All I was looking for was an older high speed drill with a nice variable speed trigger.

I also fell in love with this old Thor but I couldn't pass the Craftsman up. I think I'm turning into a vintage tool nerd. I'm really fascinated by the way the styles, workmanship and materials used have changed over the decades.
                      Attached Files

Comment

...And I think I'm going to make it my personal mission to find one of these.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X