X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacked Dado Set

What would you suggest as the "best value" in stacked dado sets to use on my TS 3650?

Re: Stacked Dado Set

Freud SD206
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The entry level Freud SD208 set is decent for the price, but there are some other quality sets that offer more teeth, thus a smoother cut in the same price range. The Oshlun blades are impressively made in their price range...their design mimics the $300 42T/6T Systimatic Superfine set. The DeWalt and Delta 7670 (also the H7200) can fall into the same price range as the Freud on sale and offers twice the teeth, a nicer case, and really nice shim stock. Grizzly currenlty has the DeWalt set on sale for $90...that'll be tough to beat.

If you don't mind spending another $100, the Infinity Dadonator is the cat's meow.

Comment

some of it depends on what one is wanting to dato,

to dado veneered ply woods you need a very good unit, or the veneers may tear, (one can punt some by using a knife and cutting the veneers first before running the dato,

but if your jsut wanting to dado out some pine for some rough constriction work, a fairly low cost unit will work, and meet most peoples desires,

I have a Freud for plywood, (do not remember the number) (I probably have 6 to 8 dato heads) I have bought over the years, from $30 to a couple hundred, tied the sears stuff when starting out and was not that impressed, the one I was most impressed with was there wobble head, but it by no means a fine wood dato, but easy and fast, and cuts well and nearly a perfectly flat bottom,
        I have a low cost steel stacked head that cost me I think $30 and others that cost over a hundred and really (including the sears plywood unit) that was not much diffrent, all tore up veneered wood, except for the Freud, (and it was about 96%) I still cut the line with a knife on OAK veneered ply before dadoing, and some other veneers,

but I only used my Freud on the veneered ply, on solid woods I will use one of the others,
        I am guessing it is the SD508
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

This set from Grizzly for $50 works great.

http://grizzly.com/products/8-Dado-Blade-Set/H7777

Comment

Thanks guys! I ordered the Dewalt that was on sale.

Comment

Working...
            X