X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi Autoshift

Saw the Green Lime Ryobi 18v Autoshift in the Depot today, looked just like the Ridgid Autoshift! Anyone had a chance to try it out??

Re: Ryobi Autoshift

I found a link on there website if you have not seen it yet.

http://www.ryobitools.com/autoshift/#/video-tour

Comment

Is auto shift something that is designed for a professional tool or a DIY tool? Why in the world would they put the exact same feature on both tools? While I don't think Ridgid is necessarily designed for a heavy duty pro user I do give it some credit for being a step above Ryobi. You don't see other companies putting the same gimmic feature on a low line and a mid line tool. Good luck TTI but I don't think this auto shift will work well on any tool.

Comment

I went out tonight in search of a new battery for my 18v drill and was looking for the lithium ion battery (same as what i have now) because i wanted a second one. foud that they were more than what i paid for the drill (got it on some promo deal for like 70 bucks and its worth 230 now). walked around and saw a 4 piece kit that they had going with the new 18v auto shift drill and the impact driver 2 lithium batteries, the mini radio a light and a charger with the bag for 300 bucks. looked at it this way... i want 1 or 2 batters and a also wanted a second charger (one for home and one for work) and i really wanted an impact driver. it all added up in my head so i just bought it. the drill seems kinda cheap, i dont like the feel of the trigger and the forward/reverse switch. it feels really cheap... well we will see how well it works come monday.

Comment

Originally posted by 1989TaurusSHO View Post
          the drill seems kinda cheap, i dont like the feel of the trigger and the forward/reverse switch. it feels really cheap... well we will see how well it works come monday.
          I don't have the auto shift but I don't like the Ryobi Lithium combo drill as much as the nicad versions (P206/P207) that I've gotten. The chuck is longer, and doesn't stay as tight. Also they only have one slot for screwdriver bit storage.

Comment

I was looking at my latest copy of Wood Magazine and they had a small mention of the Ridgid and Ryobi Auto-Shift Drills. As I recall, the Ridgid was priced at $230 and the Ryobi was priced at $200. If that is true, why in the world would one buy the Ryobi with it's two-year warranty, when for only $30 more you could buy the Ridgid with it's three-year warranty and Limited Lifetime Service Agreement which covers the battery and charger????

CWS

Comment

The Ridgid drill on it's own is $230, but if you buy the 4-piece combo, you get the autoshift drill, impact driver, small radio, and light (+2 Li bats and charger) for $200.

Comment

Working...
              X