X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement motor for wet/dry vac??

I purchased a used WD 1245 wet/dry vac. Unfortunately, the motor burned out soon after and it looks like the previous owner may have used it at some time without the filter. The vac seemed fine when I tested it before pulling my wallet.

I called Ridgid and was told they don't stock replacement motors but that I could send the power head to the service center for warranty evaluation. That, however, won't cover damage due to use without the filter in place and I fear they would rule that way. Any ideas on where to get a replacement motor?

Fortunately, I didn't put out much cash for the machine, and worst case I have an extra hose and tools.

Thanks,
    John

Re: Replacement motor for wet/dry vac??

i dont have an answer for you but i got the same question. I am lookin for a replacement motor.

Comment

Replacement motors are most likely available,,,,,,all be it they are probably sitting in some warehouse in China or India! LOL

Best bet is to watch yard sales or just spring for a new vac. Or buy the smaller one and build one like I did. Cut the lower part in half and then mounted it to the top of a 40 gallon trash can! Added a Harbor Freight furniture dolly to the bottom for wheels and i'm good to go!
      Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Thanks, Wood Meister. I did buy a new WD1246 vac. I now have the extra hose and duplicate attachments (for the inevitable time when one walks away) for less than the cost of one attachment.

John

Comment

Working...
        X