planer blade changing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planer blade changing

Just thought I would ask if there is any good tips out there prior to trying to change blades for the 1st time? I looked at the instructions and they don't say much.

Thanks for any help,
    Mike

Re: planer blade changing

Ridgid planer? If so, I believe that their knives are indexed so changing them should be pretty straight forward.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I just bought a used Ridgid planer. It came in good shape with all the bells and whistles. It didn't come with an owner/operators manual so I downloaded them from the net. I was hoping there would be a chapter on changing the knives. No such luck. Can someone tell me where I can find instructions with or without pix on changing the knives on my 13" planer.

Thanks, ilike2ls

Comment

What do I need to change the blades in a Ridgid planer?
        http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...d=5960&t=95682

With photos
        http://modernwoodshop.com/2008/03/04...r-maintenance/

Search results took 3 seconds. You guys need to do a little more looking before
        you cry "UNCLE".

Also, page 25 of the online manual details changing the blades.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
        X