Makita Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita Question

Does anyone know the difference between the Makita BHP454 and the BHP452? I have read their specs and they are identical. Only difference I see is the BHP454 has 360in. lbs. of PTI tourqe (marketing?).
    If anyone here owns one of these, please include your thoughts on the tool.

Thanks all for your help.

Re: Makita Question

The 452 is a compact model. It's a little shorter and can't fit a side handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
      The 452 is a compact model. It's a little shorter and can't fit a side handle.
      Great info, thank you.

Comment

While the specs are the same for both the 454 has a larger heavy duty gearbox which makes it a tougher drill. If it's for regular construction use I'd go for the BHP454. I have the BHP451 which is the original model and is the same as the BHP454 except it has 3 speeds. Overall its an excellent well built and high performing drill and would recommend it to anyone. I also have the compact BDP452, same as the BHP452 except it has no hammer mode. The small size and light weight make it incredibly handy when you don't need all the power of the bigger model.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
          While the specs are the same for both the 454 has a larger heavy duty gearbox which makes it a tougher drill. If it's for regular construction use I'd go for the BHP454. I have the BHP451 which is the original model and is the same as the BHP454 except it has 3 speeds. Overall its an excellent well built and high performing drill and would recommend it to anyone. I also have the compact BDP452, same as the BHP452 except it has no hammer mode. The small size and light weight make it incredibly handy when you don't need all the power of the bigger model.
          The local branch of Western Tool Supply here is having a sale. I think I will get the LXT202 kit (BHP451 & BTD140, batteries, charger & case). Their sale price is about $325.00, sound like a good deal?

Comment

Amazon has it for less and free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
              Amazon has it for less and free shipping.
              THIS is what I love about this forum, looking out for each other, thank you Newman.

Comment

Working...
              X