X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter Tubes

I finally got the gutter tubes for my Echo backpack blower. These things are great. i was able to totally clean my first story gutters from the ground. The only part that gave it any problem was where there was a trough and the leaves were frozen in ice on the bottom. I had to do that part from the roof (still with the blower) I managed to get about 75 linear feet done in 10 minutes, much better than doing it by hand; and no worries about taking a tumble off the roof.

Re: Gutter Tubes

To cpw Is this the start of a part-time cash service business?(That's supposed to be a joke.)I am glad you got your money's worth out of the new blower acc.Always nice when tools work like they should.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

cpw - where did you get those tubes, and if you don't mind me asking...how much? I've got the PB200/220 (can't remember) Echo backpack and could sure use those tubes. I heard you have to be careful or they get you wet in a hurry.

I've only got a one-story house, but the other gutter clean-out tools I bought won't work for crap, and I've got a ton of leaves. It's pretty intensive work when you have to get up on the ladder AFTER you use the handy-dandy/whatever gutter clean-out tool that didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by jimtnc View Post
        cpw - where did you get those tubes, and if you don't mind me asking...how much? I've got the PB200/220 (can't remember) Echo backpack and could sure use those tubes. I heard you have to be careful or they get you wet in a hurry.

I've only got a one-story house, but the other gutter clean-out tools I bought won't work for crap, and I've got a ton of leaves. It's pretty intensive work when you have to get up on the ladder AFTER you use the handy-dandy/whatever gutter clean-out tool that didn't work.
        I called up the lawnmower store where I got the blower, and they were $40.

Here is just a random online source that I googled Echo gutter tubes for.
        http://www.monstermarketplace.com/Ho...g4566a986.html

There is a bit of spray, and the tubes include safety glasses; but next time I might use a full face shield.

Comment

Okay thanks. I got my backpack at HD, but haven't seen those guttter pipes. Also, the Echo part #'s for that item is 99944100010 and 99944100025, and it seems that both fit my blower (which I mispoke when I gave the model # - PB250 I think it is). Anyway, leaves are still coming down so I have some time yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jimtnc View Post
            Okay thanks. I got my backpack at HD, but haven't seen those guttter pipes. Also, the Echo part #'s for that item is 99944100010 and 99944100025, and it seems that both fit my blower (which I mispoke when I gave the model # - PB250 I think it is). Anyway, leaves are still coming down so I have some time yet.
            There are two kits. One is for a blower with pos-i-lock tubes, which is only the 620 and other more expensive blowers. The PB413H/T, which the one HD carries does not have pos-i-lock tubes.

Don't wait too long, because if you have ice form in the gutters, it is much harder to blow them out. There was a 5' section that was a block of ice and leaves, which I needed to get on the roof for.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              I finally got the gutter tubes for my Echo backpack blower. These things are great. i was able to totally clean my first story gutters from the ground. The only part that gave it any problem was where there was a trough and the leaves were frozen in ice on the bottom. I had to do that part from the roof (still with the blower) I managed to get about 75 linear feet done in 10 minutes, much better than doing it by hand; and no worries about taking a tumble off the roof.
              Yea, Prolly work better when things are NOT frozen, UNLESS they advertised it to work with frozen leaves.......
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Here is another tip for you. I use my blower to clean snow off the sidewalk and steps. Works great for up to about four inches unless the snow is really wet and sticky. Sure beats a shovel!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  Here is another tip for you. I use my blower to clean snow off the sidewalk and steps. Works great for up to about four inches unless the snow is really wet and sticky. Sure beats a shovel!!
                  I'll have to try that for my walk this winter, I haven't used the snow blower because I didn't want it to damage the bricks.

Comment

Dude, thats an awesome idea, I never even thought of that

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    I'll have to try that for my walk this winter, I haven't used the snow blower because I didn't want it to damage the bricks.
                    Yea, I have never got one for that reason either, they are great machines but can do some damage if not used right and I am a big fan of doing things right, prolly my OCD , but either way I also like the blower idea
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Got to checking my blower last night when I got home...it's a PB403T I believe (don't know how I got the # so far off - must have been thinking of my trimmer). Anyway, it doesn't have those pos-i-lock tubes, so I guess the tubes I need are the part # 99944100010, right?

Yeah, I tried blowing snow (which we don't get much of here, mainly ice) the rare times we got it, and I think it was too wet 'cause it wouldn't blow it off the truck or anything else, but I like the idea and will try it again when the opportunity rises.

Comment

Thanks for the great find, I have a Tanaka TBL7800R (Great Blower) and if I can find a way to adapt them I will definitely get a set, what a time saver.

Woodslayer

Comment

Originally posted by woodslayer View Post
                          Thanks for the great find, I have a Tanaka TBL7800R (Great Blower) and if I can find a way to adapt them I will definitely get a set, what a time saver.

Woodslayer
                          If you can find any kind of lightweight plastic pipe that you can connect to your blower it will work. They should be about 7' for a 1 story house. You want two sweep elbows at the end of the tube to direct the air into the gutter. The echo tubes have slits in one end that slips over another tube, and then you put a hose clamp around that to make them stay together.

Comment

They're also really handy for blowing any pesky annoyances off of your front step/sidewalk/driveway, stuff that you just can't stand being there - crows, door-to-door salesmen, Jehovah's Witnesses, utility deregulation people, mother-in-laws, etc.

(Just kidding, Anne, you're the greatest!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                            X