Need to make a decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to make a decision

I am in the market for my first table saw. I understand from several reviews that the Ridgid 3650 is a pretty good saw for the money. However, at the HD where I live they only have the 3660. Is this just an updated and better developed saw than the 3650. What refinements have been done to make this a saw that I should buy?

Re: Need to make a decision

If you do a search on your question you will find several threads on the subject. Basically I believe they are the same, the one difference you can see is in leg support. I have a 3650. I have owned a craftsman so not a lot to compare it to but I am very happy with the 3650. For the price, cutting capacity and quality I don’t think you can go wrong. Good luck Pat

Comment

The 3660 comes in one box instead of two, and has some extra leg bracing, but is otherwise the same as the 3650. Good saw for the price. About the only real local competition in a new saw of that style is the Delta 36-980 with T2 fence from Lowes. The Hitachi falls well short IMO.

Good alignment, proper setup, and a good blade really dictate the end performance of any saw. You'll want a decent aftermarket blade or two so study up!

Keep your eyes peeled for coupons and early Christmas promotions.

Comment

It should probably be mentioned that Ridgid is coming out with a new "Hybrid" saw that is alledgedly going to replace the 3660. Other than a few posts here and a picture, I haven't seen any further information.

Here's the topic and it includes a picture: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20603

Obviously the "jury is out" on this one. To date there is no information on this web site and I haven't heard anything as to when it will be available.

I thought it should be mentioned though, as I hate to make a purchase and then find that a new product might have been the choice for me. That certainly may not be the choice here, but you should at least know about it.

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X