Electric Wheelbarrow Air Compressor - OL50145MW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electric Wheelbarrow Air Compressor - OL50145MW

I am going to return my second Wheelbarrow air compressor to Home Depot tomorrow. Same problem as others it trip the breaker on the motor even when it is plugged directly to outlet, no extention cords. If it is colder outside it is almost like it is ceased up. I like the Ridgid line of tools and the style & weight & size of this commpessor but cannot waste anymore time with this product.

Comment

this may help

Drain the air out to "0" psi, and then start for the first time of the day, many times it just needs to warm up some before it starts to build air,

on gas powered compressors many times there is a bay pass for cold starting,

on my stationary shop compressor it is a two stage and there is a plug in the cooler between cylinders and the manual recommends taking it out to start on cold days and let run a few Min's before pumping pressure,

this is not an uncommon problem on many makes and models of air compressors,

but on small portable usually just bleeding off the tank and the unit will start and run, and then build pressure.

it could also be the unloader not working properly,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Apparently they realize there is a problem, called the Rigid 800 number yesterday morning, they gave me another 800 number for the actual manufacturer and they said they would provide a Return Goods Authorization to the Home Depot store where I orginally purchased the unit, took it back last night & got a full refund in the form of a store credit. I used the credit to buy a Husky with almost the same specs for $140 less than the Rigid. It ran just fine this morning at 35 degrees. Compliments to Rigid for making good on the problem and Home Depot for a relatively easy return.

Comment

Working...
        X