Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hilti made by Bosch as my repair shop says?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hilti made by Bosch as my repair shop says?

I am looking for a couple of bits for my TE16 C Rotary Hammer drill and the geeza at the repair shop reckoned they were cheaper if I bought the Bosch bits and that the drills just have a diff outer and label.
    He reckoned the quality is the same!

Is this correct?

I'd be rapped if it was cause I'd change the chuck as well to be able to use the bits that are easier for me to obtain (and a bit cheaper).

Re: Is Hilti made by Bosch as my repair shop says?

Are you talking about SDS Bits? I have a Bosch Roto Hammer that takes SDS Bits, but so do many other brands(dewalt, milwaukee and so-on)

I haven't heard that Hilti is made by Bosch.

Comment

No, it's the actual drill range that are reported to be made by Bosch.
      Im off to buy a couple of items today which I have miss placed (or nicked). I'll take the rotary hammer in today too make sure they fit.

Cheers

Comment

Well folks, as we say over here, "bugger" ! I was wrong and it was a junior girl at the counter who knew more than the boss
        This w...... was all wrong and Hilti have got it so tied up to put their product out of the reach of many that they gotta ring fence the stuff.

Oh well, I will make do with a $10 bit that was found after she rummaged around in the bits off old power tools she found. (not Hilti bits)

Sori guys

Comment

Working...
        X