X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 or TS3660

I noticed on the Home Depot web site that the TS3660 was available via the internet but not in stores, and the TS3650 was available in stores but not via the internet. Both are listed at the same proce. Aside from this and the model number, what is the difference between the two saws?

Re: TS3650 or TS3660

Originally posted by jeffholst View Post
    I noticed on the Home Depot web site that the TS3660 was available via the internet but not in stores, and the TS3650 was available in stores but not via the internet. Both are listed at the same proce. Aside from this and the model number, what is the difference between the two saws?
    Jeff, there are a ton of Threads here asking the same question. My understanding is the difference is minimal and there may be an upgrade to the legs and packaging. I would suggest you try a search of "TS3650 TS3660" for more information.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffholst View Post
      The 3660 comes in 1 box not 2 and has a little bit of extra leg support. Buy whichever one is easier for you to get.

Comment

CPW is right. Most stores in my area have shelf tags for the TS3650 ($549), but the one closest to me has a TS3650 in stock, and another one a bit further away has TS3660s on the floor in boxes marked $469. It's a crap shoot. The conventonal wisdom on "upgrades" found in the 3660 is that the stand is a bit more reinforced, and that the entire saw/fence system is packed in one box (apparently the 3650 fence and rails are in a separate box which, depending on your luck, The Borg may forget to give you). Otherwise, the saws are virtually identical. Don't believe the website. TS3660s are available in stores.

Comment

Originally posted by yuntrips View Post
          the 3650 fence and rails are in a separate box which, depending on your luck, The Borg may forget to give you).
          The 3650 rails are in a separate box (fence is in box 1 of 2). The borg may not forget to give you the box, but they can lose it. When I first tried to by the 3650, I couldn't because the tool guys gave up looking for box 2 of 2 after about an hour [I didn't expect them to try that long, there are some very good customer-focussed orange aprons; you just need to learn who they are].

Comment

if you are referring to the HD in your back yard, you are correct. i have travelled near an hour to use the cortlandt manor HD. danbury is next in line.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              if you are referring to the HD in your back yard, you are correct. i have travelled near an hour to use the cortlandt manor HD. danbury is next in line.
              Yes, in Cortlandt Manor; Bob the tool manager is great so are Ben and David.

My favorite HD is actually in Fishkill, they have the stationary tools on display there, last time I noticed they had a better ladder selection, and the associates are always very helpful.

Comment

cpw,,,, now I know which one to get !! I was at the depo today
                trying to see how BIG the box is it comes in!
                (how many tools do I need to take out of my van to get it home ? )
                OR (how much space do I need in an astro van thats full of tools now ?)

the big box or the REALLY big box !

if the legs are sturdy'er on the 3660 or in this case the "REALLY" big box,
                its time to clean out my van. LOL

I'll be assembleing mine this weekend !!

cheers

Comment

Its a trade off, the choice between the 3650 and 3660. The 3650 has a one piece fence rail but lacks the sturdier brackets which provide a little more rigidity to the stand.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

@ Bob , I dont know what you mean by "one piece fence rail".

I did go to the depo this AM and after a few minutes wait
                    (forklift and some gates) they put my new orange monster
                    in my van for me.
                    had to saws all some shelves in my van a little bit before I went.

but the 3660's front rail is one piece as is the back rail.
                    is that what you ment ?

my only complaint is the mix of metric and SAE nuts and bolts.
                    do you think I could find my 1/2 inch wrench , every thing but! that one.

didnt matter , I took my time and spent the day "building my new toy".
                    the best part was when I stuck the yellow key in and flipped the swtch.

Cheers

Comment

Re: TS3650 problems

Shaun,

If your saw is new there should be no hemming and hawing from the Big Orange Box, take it back and get a different one. You shouldn't have to screw around with it to get a working saw.

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm new here and have a question. I have a TS3650. I've been told I can put a more powerful motor in it? Where would I get one? Cost? Installation instructions?
                        Thanks,

Comment

I got my 3660 at the home depot here in Miami...original price was $549...then it was marked down to $399 for clearance....then, the store had a 40% off all clearance merchandise...so I ended up paying $240....which seems like a good deal. The box had been in the store forever and the tool mgr said "the reason we could not sell it is because the second box is missing ( comes in 2 boxes)...after the purchase, I went searching in the bins where they keep all the long, large boxes and found the thin box #2. The mgr said "a deal is a deal" and I feel like I got a good deal !

Where is the serial number on this saw...I would like it for my records and cannot seem to find it ( old and blind !!). It seems like a very well made tool...I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the fence and motor. Time will tell !! If you know where the serial number is located, please email me at asmith1@dadeschools.net as I am not sure that I can find my way back to this thread...I saved the site in "my favorites" but there is no guarantee I can find my way back !! When I graduated from high school in 1969, we were still using slide rules !!

Great forum...thanks !

artie in miami

Comment

Working...
                          X