X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Hilti WORTH it?

I purchased a Bosch 11236 VS rotary drill and hammer. My guys put it through its paces and it goes and goes. When I was buying I priced the Hilti first, same size comparable tool, I could buy 2 Bosch drills and still have some money left over for bits. I buy my bosch tools from Anchor products and they do all the service work. I took a 15 year old small bosch hammer drill in and they fixed it for me and it is working great. I took in my hilti screw gun also about 15 years old and they said that the parts were no longer available and it is now in the trash. I paid big bucks for that screw gun because I thought Hilti would back their product 100 %, I was wrong. Hilti is a great tool, Is it worth the money, I don't think so. At least not the smaller drills and hammers.
    One side bar, if you are buying bosch or Hitachi make sure that you are getting the contractor tools not the lower end DIY tools that they are starting to come out with and selling at places like HD.

Comment

Re: Is Hilti WORTH it?

Here's my Hitachi DH38YE. You can pick them up for under $400.00. Had it for a good while as you can see. Ran it today nonstop for 2 hours with no overheating or grease leaks. Just goes and goes. Rated for 1.5" (I think) so if you need something larger you might want to look elsewhere.

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X